Roush and Saleen Stangs hit the streets.
42 replies
Some nice work on both....




".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
The Saleen did a better job this time around. Much nicer than their preivous stuff IMO.
"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"
Who's behind Saleen now that Steve is no longer part of the company? Is it being run by a parent company or is still privately owned?
I like the front end, but the rear end is another story... it looks way to long and those taillights are something else!

Thanks Gish
"DOLPHAN1 wrote:
Who's behind Saleen now that Steve is no longer part of the company? Is it being run by a parent company or is still privately owned?
I don't know who's behind Saleen now, but I know Steve runs his new company SMS Supercars.
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
What happened to Steeda? I liked the mod they did on the previous body style.
"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"
"HardKoreXXX wrote:
What happened to Steeda? I liked the mod they did on the previous body style.
Yea they had some nice body styling, I think they just can't hang with the performance of a Roush or Saleen.
I mean, the Roush blower I got for my car has me at 615 hp at the crank with stock internals, and nothing else done to the car, and if I choose to build up the bottom end of the engine he can turn it up a notch and give me 750 at the tires. Do that math, that's about 880 at the crank. Steeda just can't match numbers like that.
Then you have something like this, the SMS 25A Stang:
* SMS Supercharged 5.0L Aluminum Block V8
* SMS CNC Aluminum Heads
* SMS Red Butterfly™ Induction System
* SMS Billet Aluminum Watts Link System
* SMS Cross Drilled 15" 6-Piston Front Brakes
* SMS Cross Drilled 12" Rear Brakes
* 6-Speed Transmission
* 720 HP/612 WHP
* 667 TQ/565 WTQ


Steeda just can't compete.
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
"Pagan wrote:
Yea they had some nice body styling, I think they just can't hang with the performance of a Roush or Saleen.
I mean, the Roush blower I got for my car has me at 615 hp at the crank with stock internals, and nothing else done to the car, and if I choose to build up the bottom end of the engine he can turn it up a notch and give me 750 at the tires. Do that math, that's about 880 at the crank. Steeda just can't match numbers like that.
Then you have something like this, the SMS 25A Stang:
* SMS Supercharged 5.0L Aluminum Block V8
* SMS CNC Aluminum Heads
* SMS Red Butterfly™ Induction System
* SMS Billet Aluminum Watts Link System
* SMS Cross Drilled 15" 6-Piston Front Brakes
* SMS Cross Drilled 12" Rear Brakes
* 6-Speed Transmission
* 720 HP/612 WHP
* 667 TQ/565 WTQ
Steeda just can't compete.
OH MY!:knucks:
BTW Pagan, where, what are they getting 427 CID from?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
"Themole wrote:
OH MY!:knucks:
BTW Pagan, where, what are they getting 427 CID from?
The "427" doesn't stand for the CID bro...it's the horsepower at the crank. :wink2:
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
I see Steve is sticking with the 5.0 L. Always liked the 5.0.
"Pagan wrote:
it's the horsepower at the crank. :wink2:
that's what she said ???

"Pagan wrote:
The "427" doesn't stand for the CID bro...it's the horsepower at the crank. :wink2:
:up: Thanks, didn't know that. 427 was the magic number for us old school Ford boys.
Now...can you tell me in CID, not Litre's (I never liked em) what size hole all that HP is coming from?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
"Themole wrote:
:up: Thanks, didn't know that. 427 was the magic number for us old school Ford boys.
I hear ya...those old Galaxies with the 427 were killer. :devil2:
Now...can you tell me in CID, not Litre's (I never liked em) what size hole all that HP is coming from?
Well I'm not sure which block they're using.
I know my 4.6 is technically a 281. If the Roush 427 is using the 5.4 block that comes from the GT500 (which I'm sure it's not or else it'd have more horses) then it's a 329.
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
"Pagan wrote:
I hear ya...those old Galaxies with the 427 were killer. :devil2:
Well I'm not sure which block they're using.
I know my 4.6 is technically a 281. If the Roush 427 is using the 5.4 block that comes from the GT500 (which I'm sure it's not or else it'd have more horses) then it's a 329.
They have come a long way since 1964! Carroll Shelby, took the 289, 271 HP HiPo engine in 1966 and boosted it up to 306 HP. I believe that was mostly through carburetion, it came with Fords cast iron headers. I remember an option of 6 weber down draft carburetors being offered that took the HP up to around 350.
I had a friend that traded his beautiful Midnight Blue Hurst GT 350 in on a Pinto Wagon when his first child came along.:lol:
I stay on top of the classifieds here in North Fl. searching for a 1963 1/2 Falcon Sprint I would like to do a retro mod on.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
"Pagan wrote:
I hear ya...those old Galaxies with the 427 were killer. :devil2:
Well I'm not sure which block they're using.
I know my 4.6 is technically a 281. If the Roush 427 is using the 5.4 block that comes from the GT500 (which I'm sure it's not or else it'd have more horses) then it's a 329.
Missed that one! In 1966 we put a 406 CID HiPo, dual Quad Carbs, dual point distributor, cast iron headers in an MGA Roadster. The drive shaft was only 14"s long! lol. being young and money scarce we ended up welding the spider gears for real positive traction. wouldn't turn very well but really hong down the strip!
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
"Themole wrote:
They have come a long way since 1964! Carroll Shelby, took the 289, 271 HP HiPo engine in 1966 and boosted it up to 306 HP. I believe that was mostly through carburetion, it came with Fords cast iron headers. I remember an option of 6 weber down draft carburetors being offered that took the HP up to around 350.
Yea, they have come a long way. It's amazing what you can do to create power these days from small blocks. Just a blower and a tune on mine and with the stock internals and 93 octane I'm pushing 620 at the crank. Mind-blowing.
I had a friend that traded his beautiful Midnight Blue Hurst GT 350 in on a Pinto Wagon when his first child came along.:lol:
Is he still kicking himself in the ass? :lol:
I stay on top of the classifieds here in North Fl. searching for a 1963 1/2 Falcon Sprint I would like to do a retro mod on.
That'd be one sweet ride.
Missed that one! In 1966 we put a 406 CID HiPo, dual Quad Carbs, dual point distributor, cast iron headers in an MGA Roadster. The drive shaft was only 14"s long! lol. being young and money scarce we ended up welding the spider gears for real positive traction. wouldn't turn very well but really hong down the strip!
OMG...LMAO!!! Self-made posi! Gotta love it! :knucks:
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
Saleen = beaaaaaaaaaaautiful!
Roush isnt worth the coin. For the price, you are in GT500 territory.
And the legality nerd in me wonders how the Roush can be DOT legal. I was under the impression that a car can only have a set of headlights and foglights on at the same time, yet the Roush has the stock GT headlights in the center grille and then a set of foglights in the lower vents.......
**DROOLS**
my goodness
Wilson Performance on Facebook
Wilson Performance on Twitter
:hammertime::hammertime:
"Philter25 wrote:
Saleen = beaaaaaaaaaaautiful!
Roush isnt worth the coin. For the price, you are in GT500 territory.
What makes you say that? Saleen's about the same price bro.
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
"DOLPHAN1 wrote:
I Steve is sticking with the 5.0 L. Always liked the 5.0.
4.6 is a better motor bro. :wink2:
that's what she said ???
:sidelol:
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
"Pagan wrote:
4.6 is a better motor bro. :wink2:
:sidelol:
I know. I'm just fond of the Fox bodies with the 5.0. I see that a lot is being done with the 4.6 mod. I would love to have either. I miss my 'Stang...:sad:
What happened to it?
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
Gimme the Saleen, all black, with the rims of the second Saleen pic.
"Pagan wrote:
What happened to it?
I had an '82 GT. I was a younger, more foolish man and I did not take proper care. It was stolen and then totaled. Not too long after, I married and I was never able to "replace" that car. Like you can actually replace...well, anyway. Now that My marriage is coming to an end I may be able to some time in the near future, think of another.
"Silverphin wrote:
Gimme the Saleen, all black, with the rims of the second Saleen pic.
Yea that's what I'd take, only with the rims from the first one.
Musclecars should only have 5 spoke rims. :up:
I had an '82 GT. I was a younger, more foolish man and I did not take proper care. It was stolen and then totaled. Not too long after, I married and I was never able to "replace" that car. Like you can actually replace...well, anyway. Now that My marriage is coming to an end I may be able to some time in the near future, think of another.
Sorry to hear about your marriage bro. :sad:
Hope something good comes of your hard times, and a Stang could provide the right amount of "feel good" for you. Nothing quite like an open-windowed cruise in a powerful car to make you feel better.
Positive vibes your way, brother.
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D