1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roster ramifications of the draft- Cap casualties and shifted positions

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Disgustipate, Apr 28, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Jordan can so do what your talking about, how this unique skillset affects the read of the Qb and the athletic tight end is what I'm trying to find out as well...I've been stalking DPate as well..he's my go to when I get schematically challenged..lol

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It's hard to say. Like you suggested, doing wacky stuff at different positions I think is generally dependent on how credible you are at different issues. If Jordan can jam a tight end well, that's one thing, but is he credible enough to carry him down the field that you're not giving away aspects of the coverage? Is he good enough at jamming that you're not just telegraphing a slot blitz by Jordan?

3. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    yes he's good enough to do that, I've seen him trail and mimick smaller receivers with excellent technique and not just in the first 5 yards, with his hand use and his unique athleticism he will be able to run with the tight end as far as he needs to run.

So if he doesn't telegraph the slot blitz how do we benefit?

4. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think it's worth paying attention to something dj posted in another thread that I think is pretty valuable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMoel8E3HaE&t=2m22s

That's pretty impressive. He comes forward, engages the tackle, and then drops back really quickly and really fluidly 5+ yards down the field. That's something that I think the Dolphins are going to find really valuable for a lot of stuff they like to do.

Well, I mean telegraphing in that Dion Jordan lining up in the slot is going to have such strong tendencies that there will be limited element of surprise.

I'm very much someone who does their research entirely off of "Prospect vs. School" videos, so my grounds on this kind of thing are kind of shaky.

ToddPhin and djphinfan like this.
  5. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I think this specific ability to Cover/pass rush on any play without the tell, and the hybrid skillset that demands him becoming a certain player, just creates extra work and confusion at the Qb position?, i mean if he drops into coverage than the Qb will have to make adjustments on the fly for his receiver routes right?, and if he rushes, the protection calls at the line will change, the QB predicting that can get frustrating, he's going to have to be accounted for on every play because of this unique athleticism, and when you have The best pass rusher in the NFL on the other side who is not being paid attentioned to, spells issues.

If we could only have a real loud crowd while we're on defense to contribute to the confusion it would really be effective to the confusion that DJ can create.