1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roster comparison: Defense

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 28, 2008.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Nice read. Just like yesterday's offensive one was.

That CB position really scares me. I feel okay about the rest of the lineup, but the CBs scare me for sure. Hopefully we can get enough pressure on opposing QB's so we don't have to rely on our CB's to be great all the time.

2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    No mention of Will Allen's legal problems. Getting rid of JT, to me, opens a gaping hole in that Defense, esp. on Pass Rush.

That's not to say someone else steps up and fills that hole.

3. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    If JT leaves or sits out and Will Allen gets suspended we got some major concerns! Mediocre at best if that happens... Although I'm one of the few who seems to think that Matt Roth has some talent. I also think that Crowder isn't much of a playermaker... Soft in the center, hopefully he'll be the one on the D to take the most away from the Parcells offseason regimin.

4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Nice read, thanks for the link Anthony. I am very worried about opur D if W. Allen is suspended and JT doesn't come back. Could be ano9ther long year for the D.

5. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    My thoughts exactly. And if Taylor's not on this team, woe is our pass rush and combine that with possible Will Allen trouble equals much woe.

6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I believe they have Torbor ahead of Channing inside, don;t they? Or is it Anderson?

Re: Rod Wright.... Omar's comments reek of someone who is basing his opinion off of stats, NOT having watched Rod's individual play during those games. Rod stacked people up well at the point of attack on a crummy run D with no help, he showed good quickness, decent tenacity, some penetration. he got 'lost' only rarely, and you'd expect that with it being his first year on the field (second year in the league, but he was on IR all of his first season). He also wrapped and tackled well... I didn;t see him with a lot of crappy missed tackles like some of the other linemen. Considering his inexperience, the lack of help from the DTs, and that he was rotating in and out a lot, I thought he played fine. To hear Omar tell it, Rod was a bust. Meanwhile he exceeded expectations while Soliai fell far beneath them.

I'd be surprised, at this point, if Will became our starting corner. heck, if I'm the coaching staff, I'm not sure I wouldn;t give a lot of practice reps to whomever Will's probable replacement would be at corner, just to soften the transition if Will ends up getting suspended or going to jail mid-season. Plan ahead, you know?