Ross writes to us Miami fans
12 replies
NOW will y'all cut him some slack?
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
I think its just the fact that he brought the other guy to the Dolphins game (wtf, cant remember his name) and everybody had a massive panic attack. He doesn't do that, everybody would be perfectly happy with him. I love Wayne and thankful for everything he did for the organization, he tried his best, no matter what the outcome turned out to be, but the bottom line is that we didn't win under him. Now its Ross's turn.

"Mari0k wrote:
I think its just the fact that he brought the other guy to the Dolphins game (wtf, cant remember his name) and everybody had a massive panic attack. He doesn't do that, everybody would be perfectly happy with him. I love Wayne and thankful for everything he did for the organization, he tried his best, no matter what the outcome turned out to be, but the bottom line is that we didn't win under him. Now its Ross's turn.
Was it Peterson. .?
I think it was. .
aww... well isnt that sweet of him... :lol:
nice gesture though i suppose. Hopefully he can accomplish that lofty goal of his, and bring the Lombardi trophy back to Miami!

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
"brandon27 wrote:
aww... well isnt that sweet of him... :lol:
nice gesture though i suppose. Hopefully he can accomplish that lofty goal of his, and bring the Lombardi trophy back to Miami!
It's not that hard just start video taping other people's signals....
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
Now all he has to do is just sit back let the football people do their work and open his wallet when needed

Thanks In_Flames for my amazing sig!
"syborg wrote:
I just wish there were a P.S. that stated that he'd reached a new agreement with Parcells and the Tuna would be here for, at least, the remainder of his current contract....
"Larryfinfan wrote:
I just wish there were a P.S. that stated that he'd reached a new agreement with Parcells and the Tuna would be here for, at least, the remainder of his current contract....
I'm assuming that we'll definitely hear something about this meeting tomorrow. And if not, no news is good news.
Silence

It's ******* Golden.
"slickj101 wrote:
I'm assuming that we'll definitely hear something about this meeting tomorrow. And if not, no news is good news.
You're probably right, but I'd still like to hear it from both of their mouths, together...that would make me feel better...
Even if the reports of a possible rift are not true and Ross wants the Tuna to stay, until I hear something that sounds like both are on the same page, together, I will be a little uneasy...imagine how the Tuna leaving could impact our ability to acquire top tier FAs... ??
"Larryfinfan wrote:
You're probably right, but I'd still like to hear it from both of their mouths, together...that would make me feel better...
Even if the reports of a possible rift are not true and Ross wants the Tuna to stay, until I hear something that sounds like both are on the same page, together, I will be a little uneasy...imagine how the Tuna leaving could impact our ability to acquire top tier FAs... ??
Eh, it might a tiny bit. Even if he leaves, we still have Sparano and Ireland. Everyone knows those are his guys and that carries a lot of weight. Most people will see those two and assume: same philosophies, ethics, systems, etc. as BP.
That 11-5 record and division title doesn't look to shabby either.
BTW, from everything I've read, Ross as said nothing but good things about Parcells and that he wants him to stay here. BP has said nothing to make us believe he won't. Too much speculation.
Silence

It's ******* Golden.
"GARDENHEAD wrote:
NOW will y'all cut him some slack?
Not because of one press release.
In all honesty, that letter was almost assuredly written by someone other than Ross himself, and it said absolutely nothing but what us fans wanted to hear. I'm giving Ross a fair shake, and I'm not about to jump to any conclusions... good or bad. I'm still neutral, and while I appreciate the sentiment of the letter... in reality, it means very little to me.
I've read good things about the guy. I've also heard how he's buying the Dolphins while at the same time asking for government welfare. If that's true, then he's highly suspect in my book.
We'll see if he keeps the Tuna and stays out of his way. I hope a couple of years from now, we're not begging Wayne to buy the team back.
We'll see.
The thing you have to remember about critics is that they can't do it themselves. - John Cleese
"syborg wrote:
Was it Peterson. .?
I think it was. .
I love Norm, I would love to buy him a beer. :beer:
