1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rookie reporting date pushed back 2 days

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    According to Barry Jackson and Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins informed their rookies on Saturday that they were pushing back their reporting date two days.

The rookies were originally scheduled to report Tuesday, but have been asked to arrive Thursday instead.

Yesterday, the league sent out a memo saying things should proceed as planned, with rookies reporting Tuesday and all veterans by July 28.

And it didn’t take long for complications to arise.

In Miami, one of the nation’s COVID-19 hotspots, there have been concerns for a week or more that camp might not start on time.

The league’s doctors told the NFLPA they believed it was safe to open camps on time, though the union expressed serious concerns about that, particularly as it applies to some of the hardest-hit areas such as Florida, Arizona, Texas, and California.

2. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I would imagine, and of course I could be sooooo wrong, but would each NFL team test all players and staff...and then have them all “locked down” in their training camp facility during the duration of camp. If they aren’t doing this, it makes no sense to me.

By doing it this way, you can be assured that all players, all coaches, all staff are coronavirus free and able to hold camp without worrying about any infections.

I bet though there are union rules against this method, which would piss me off. “You’re” making a gazillion dollars and vying to make an NFL team and you can’t cope with an inconvenience such as lock down during camp.