1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rookie QB Henne has sharp showing

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 3, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    He played through the pain. No question about that.

When a knee injury cost quarterback Chad Henne to miss two games last year, and when a dislocated shoulder sidelined him for another, the Dolphins' rookie wouldn't let the setbacks stifle his senior season at Michigan in its entirety.

So he came back. Again. And again.

''For five games, I had to get injections [in the right shoulder] just to numb it up and try to play through it,'' Henne said Friday. ``I definitely didn't have the velocity on the ball or the accuracy that I'm used to.

``Hopefully, that toughness can carry on, and hopefully, I won't have an injury like that again.''

At this point, that could prove to be one of the most important questions for Henne to answer as he arrives in South Florida as the second quarterback in as many years taken by the Dolphins in the second round of the NFL Draft:

Did his ability to play through two significant injuries prove Henne has the toughness to succeed in a league that doesn't have sympathy for soft quarterbacks? Or will an injury-prone senior season simply foreshadow an injury-prone NFL career?

link to rest of story
    http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/519241.html

2. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    You've gotta be kidding me. Can the league make the skirts any shorter?

alen1 likes this.
  3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    I know it's the first day but it;s nice to hear good things about Chad...

jason8er likes this.
  4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Chad is one tough football player thats for sure. Nice to hear that he's looking good after Day 1. Im torn here though, I like Henne because he's from Michigan and ive watched him the last 4 years, but I like Beck to. Hopefully the QB job comes down to one of them. Id be happy either way, and at the same time sad. However, once we start winning... its all good! :up:

5. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    For five games, I had to get injections [in the right shoulder] just to numb it up and try to play through it,'' Henne said Friday. ``I definitely didn't have the velocity on the ball or the accuracy that I'm used to.

``Hopefully, that toughness can carry on, and hopefully, I won't have an injury like that again.''

Sounds like a tough kid......

6. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    No need to have mixed emotions Brandon. Hopefully both have a great camp and we are in good hands regardless of who starts. If thats the case, this is a win/win for Miami. And after what we've been through since Marino, we could certainly use a mainstay at QB.