1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie's words about his injury, his future, etc.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Dec 14, 2009.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Just listened to his show and thought i'd post a few things he said for those who did'nt catch it.

1} Said that he has a lisfranc injury, the doctors have told him he has a 100 percent chance that it will heal to full strength..He says he feels good about being at training camp.

2} When asked about his future, he said that he feels comfortable that he will be a miami dolphin in the future..He sounded confident.

3} He said he loves how this team is coming together, does'nt want to leave, feels like something special here is brewing.

4}He aknowledged that we have to play fundamentally much better then our opponents, because of our lack of guys who can make big yardage plays..He said the team could use some leeway'......translation--#1 receiver.

5} I say...thanks Ronnie for clearing that up, lol

Well thats all i got, i know it wasnt too much, just thought i'd share.

2. WharfRat

WharfRat Malignant Lunatic

IMO... the bolded parts speak volumes!

Mindwarp, dolfan7171, Ozzy and 9 others like this.
  3. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    good stuff to hear, if we can get ronnie back, get a deep threat at WR and a little defensive help than we are a pretty serious contender next season.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    You know Marvin Harrison was confident and had an earnest desire to come to Indy. Money said otherwise.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Except that Harisson wouldnt accept the reality that no one would pay an over the hill WR what he wanted.

dolfan7171 and WharfRat like this.
  6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Hope he's right in his confidence about being back next year. He's a huge part of our offense. Wildcat or not, Ronnie can, and will have an impact if we get the bgall in his hands. on the ground, or through the air.

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    So you're saying Brown is not in the "our biggest need is an ILB" camp? :lol:

8. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    The difference here is Ronnie Brown is a freaking keystone of our offense, and only (27?). With him and Ricky this season we were gashing with the run. Keep that formula, and add in a true #1 WR who grabs anything that comes near him, and you've got the makings of a #1 offense.

Our Run attack is top tier with RB and RW, and with our passing game coming on we're going to have the potential to put up some serious points next year.

If our defense plays like they played against the Jags, then next year is going to be nuts.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  9. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    He will be fine. He wants to stay.

He wants to stay

He want to stay and he thinks something special is brewing.

He wants to stay.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Good to see you around man.

11. WharfRat

WharfRat Malignant Lunatic

I'm like a bad penny... I keep coming back! :wink2:

azfinfanmang, alen1 and dolfan7171 like this.
  12. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Marvin wanted way too much money. It is clear he was done as no one gave him "any" money at all.

Brown is in the prime of his career and has never (at least publically) has made money an issue.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  13. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    I really hope this is the case with Brown. I'm just saying that players say a lot of things.

djphinfan and dolfan7171 like this.
  14. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Ronnie Brown = Team Player.

Ronnie Brown = Stud RB.

Ronnie Brown = Class Act.

Please sign Ronnie Brown to a long term contract Mr. Parcells.

dolfan7171, HULKFish and WharfRat like this.
  15. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    The other thing to mention about Ronnie is that he definitely has to consider that even if he were to get money elsewhere, no where else would he be able to affect a team like he is here. Any team wanting to pick him up would likely be looking to have him be the last piece of the puzzle, and they aren't going to want to re-write their offense like we have to fit all of his talents.

He knows this is his best fit, we know this is his best fit, and he plays/is worth top 5 RB money. That's it, end of story, Franchise him if need be but he needs to be wrapped up, and I'm pretty sure he will (without having to break out that Franchise tag).

dolfan7171 likes this.
  16. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I hope you're right... He was being used in a nearly perfect role this year, just not enough as a receiver. The guy is a beast and I hope he is back!

Since I learned that Mark Ingram (Alabama) is THEE Mark Ingram (son), I'd like to see him in a Dolphins uniform... He could take over the Ricky role after next season! That would be awesome!

dolfan7171 likes this.
  17. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    If we're going after a running back at any point, then it HAS to be C.J. Spiller. KR for when we let ginn loose. Amazing college RB, could be incredible in the wildcat, should be considered for heisman this year but got snubbed.

Dolphinsfan69 and dolfan7171 like this.
  18. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    The issue over re-signing Brown will be financial; that goes without saying. But as a former #2 overall pick, he's going to want a wage increase. Whether Miami will pick that up remains to be seen regardless of how happy he is.

19. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    This post is possibly the second best thing going on in this thread!
    -
    -
    Another JON sighting is the best :yes:

WharfRat likes this.
  20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    uhhhhhhhhhh

21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I also think he realizes that he has specific skills that allow him to thrive out of the wildcat, and that every time he runs a play, he's immortalizing himself in history.

Hometown discount because it behooves him to stay, another discount because of his injury history, no way he can ask for as much as he wanted before.

22. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I've said before that Belicheat would love to swoop in and give him a nice contract, on top of that he'd pick Ronnie's brain about the WC and the WildPat.

23. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    There is probably a dozen teams that would love to have Ronnie Brown's skills and abilities, injury history or not. If it comes down to a bidding war though, I don't think we will pay what will probably be offered so everything will probably be decided whether money or his desire to stay in Miami is stronger.

24. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

Wage increase ! show him the door and never look back,Clearly Rw is the better back and he has proven it again,I know ricky only has one year but i say we start looking now for our future Rb back.

If he takes a slight pay cut then its a no brainer keep him and give him a 2 to 3 year deal,not alot of teams will want him since he always hurt.

25. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    I disagree. RW will not be the answer for a whole season, plus he doesn't want that role. He wants to be behind Ronnie on the chart and on the radar. Plus...if we can keep Ronnie thats one less worry this off season/draft. Plus how can you not want Ronnie brown on this team? And even if you think hes injury prone, I can bet lots of teams would want Brown.

26. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Happy late birthday, Ronnie Brown (12/12)!!

27. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I would like for this offense to continue to evolve with the talents of ronnie brown at its disposal.

I do think that now, after this injury, he will have to take less then he expected.

28. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Gotta say, this is what I've got my hopes riding on.

29. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

I never said i didnt want him ,I said if he want a more money show him the door.

I would not pay him big money just because we drafted him number 2 in the draft. When was the last time he finished a hole season ? get my point

If he takes a paycut i will welcome him with open arms :knucks:

30. westernnyphinfa

westernnyphinfa New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    The guy is an outstanding Back when healthy. Unfortunately he can't seem to stay healthy.

1990 NYGiants had two backs one old (Ottis Anderson) and one young (Rodney Hampton) with Anderson carrying the team into the playoffs and Superbowl in the twilight of his career any paralles with the current team???

I'm unclear on the ramifications of the "uncapped season" and how it will impact players like Ronnie. I will say this his injury problems can't bold well for his future. However it sounds like he knows something we don't.

I will also say that I am a little concerned that Coach Sparano hasn't split carries more with Lex and Ricky. I'm concerned Ricky is wearing down a bit, which contributed to his multiple fumble performance.

Ronnie is a stud, and I would hate to see him go to NE. I just wonder if he is a "Parcells Guy".

31. coopdejur

coopdejur New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Ricky has always fumbled a little more than we would like. Lex has nowhere near the skills that Ricky does; he is still getting tripped up too much by arm tackles. We need Ricky to be our workhorse right now. Henning is doing a good job of giving Hilliard and Polite some of the excess carries right now.

32. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    RW is a very pedestrian back actually. Not to mention he doesnt even want to be a starter.

33. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    hope to see (& am confident it will get done soon)
    contracts for both Williams & Brown
    the Tandem is essential to our ultimate success