1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie considers himself among the Elite

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, May 28, 2009.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    IMO he was kind of backed into a corner to come with that statement.What else is he going to say ? He is usually quite modest and easy going .

More than anything I think he wants to demonstrate his confidence that he is among the best and it looks like this is the year that he will get a chance to prove it.

Coach Sparano seems to be impressed

So what is next for Ronnie ?
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1070352.html

BTW I never needed any convincing that he is an elite back .

resnor and brandon27 like this.
  2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    It's all music to my ears both from Ronnie, and coach. Now being that this is a Ronnie Brown thread, I'm going to make a shameless plug and ask all Ronnie fans to vote for Ronnie Brown in Survivor 2009. Ronnie needs your vote!

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    sounds good to me. overweight my ***.

Ronnie is poised to have a HUGE year this year. At least... he should anyways.

dolphindebby and CrunchTime like this.
  4. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    I wonder if he has a very good year what the dolphins are willing to pay him after this season.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    if they were smart they would re-sign him before the season....like they did with will allen.....and get him locked up

Fin D, Phinperor and CrunchTime like this.
  6. finserg

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

Never thought of that but good idea, but risky in both ways .If he has a bad season were stuck.To me if we were to sign him again i would want to see him making 1000 or more yards to be worth it.

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i think we are past the boom or bust discussion with ronnie.....we know what we have in the guy when hes healthy....it wouldnt be a bad mood imho to sign him before the season....because if he has a fantastic year....blowing up the pre-season expectations.....his agent will be demanding alot more coin....and would have the upperhand.

djphinfan likes this.
  8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sign Ronnie now?

No way, he should earn his contract, meaning that glimpse we saw in 07 becomes a every game result.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He is not elite IMO. Talent wise, absolutely but production wise, IMO, no.

As for the contract, I think if he has a big year and starts asking for a lot of money, just slap the tag on him if you want to keep him. Otherwise, let him go. With all the money invested in the offensive line and hopefully it being injury-free in the near future, we shouldn't be paying a running back big money, especially one that's been injured consistently. Draft one and plug him in behind the offensive line. Ronnie hasn't produced numbers that aren't capable of being duplicated by another tailback IMO.

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN likes this.
  10. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    We already know Ronnie is a very good running back. There is no question about that. However, this year in my mind will determine whether he is either a very good running back or an outstanding one. We shall see.

11. finserg

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

I know he has not put numbers that are out of this league ,in fact nothing over 1000 yds correct me if Im wrong, but ronnie knows our offense pretty goog now and to go and just stuff new a Rb and do it all over is not always a good idea.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Once over 1k I believe.

Right he does but if he asks for more money than he deserves, are you going to keep him around because he knows the offense?

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    joke overload..lol..i bet those boxers have dolphins on them.

14. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    every NFL player should think highly of themselves.