1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie Brown VS Adrian Peterson

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GISH, Oct 8, 2008.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Who would you take today, if the choice was offered?

I'd keep Ronnie. Brown has developed into a weapon that is feared by every team. i think Ronnie runs harder, has better vision, and is more punishing than Peterson. On top of that, he can throw the ball, and is able to make QB-like decisions in a split second during a play. His ability to read a defense is what sets him apart. I'd be curious to see how well Peterson would do in the wildcat featuring himself and Chester Taylor. They have the linemen to do it. But I doubt Peterson would do nearly as well as Ronnie.

I think we might have the best RB in the NFL.

2. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    I was having this exact same discussion with a friend of mine yesterday. We pondered if a trade was offered straight up AP for RB, whether or not we would take the deal.

I can honestly and gladly say that I would rather have Ronnie over Peterson, not only because of his decision making and vision as a running back, but also due to his ability as a receiver.

AP has never been known for his ability to catch out of the backfield, and I think that the receiving dimension to Ronnie's game makes him a more complete back (and maybe he can run a little bit too =)).

GISH likes this.
  3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    if i was minnesota, i'd be practicing the wildcat. because they cant continue to use the same gameplan against those 8 man fronts. they need to stretch out the defense and gash them with peterson.

makes me glad we have pennington. without chad, it all falls apart. with the way our WRs and TEs are playing (amazing), its a perfect offense to run.

4. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    i love the fact we put the ball in the hands of our best offensive playmaker and let him decide what to do with it. so far, it has paid off tremendously.

GISH and funkdat like this.
  5. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I see it as 2 different situations. Minny has an established line that tends to make either back look good running behind it. Chester Taylor has big games filling in for AP too. Miami is just now starting to develop a line for RB for the first time in his pro career and if this is waht Ronnie can do with a developing line, imagine what he could do with an established line. I'll take RB all day!!!:up:

6. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Sorry guys i love ronnie, and think right now he's a top 4 back in the league, with an outside chance this year to become MVP, but who would i take right now, no question AP.

7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    First off, I could see this turning into a Brady vs. Culpepper EPIC thread.

I'll say this, there is no question Ronnie is the better 3rd down back and is more consistent than Peterson, right now. AP is faster, more agile, and can take it the distance on any play.

I would take Ronnie right now, mainly because of the consistency factor. AP has some games where he is non-factor. When Ronnie gets carries he usually always makes his presence felt.

8. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

That's an interesting choice...Ronnie has the injury history but is probably a better all-around back. That said, he doesn't come anywhere near the explosive ability of AP...

As to the strictly the Wildcat, RB is probably the better choice, but Peterson could make a lot more yardage with the same holes as Brown. The ability to read the D is questionable to me...If you are not a QB, you aren't going to be able to make the kinds of reads necessary to make D's defend you as a QB and not a running back...Brown has shown to have a pretty good arm for throwing but then again, we haven't see AP in the wildcat...

9. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    I go with Ronnie. Peterson tore it up last year but rookie years are not always a good indicator of what's to come. After Peterson Plays a few years I might think different. No denying Ronnie right now though. He has picked up right where he left off last year. What separates Ronnie from other backs is his Patience. He never seems rushed. He takes the snap or the handoff waits for an opening and then explodes through it. Sometimes I see him behind the line and am convinced he waited to long to make a move and then bam he is 8 yards down field smiling as he sizes up the safety he is about to roll over

10. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have one comment: It doesn't matter what side you take in this argument. It's just great that Ronnie Brown is seriously in the discussion.

11. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    There are a lot of great backs in the NFL. It's just good to know that when healthy, Ronnie Brown is one of them.

And I honestly believe that if he is able to stay healthy, he will go down as one of the best backs of his generation.