1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie Brown...THE BEST OVERALL FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE NFL.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Oct 12, 2008.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I've come to this conclusion because from everything that he does on the field to off the field, there is'nt Imo another football player in the league that i would take for him strait up.

This ladies and gentlemen is a supremely skilled professional athlete, from his amazing feet to his explosive power, from his exceptional hands to his raw instincts, from his high football IQ to his high moral conduct, from his humility and gentleness off the field to his confident dimented character on the field. The man is in his prime...NFL defenses prepare for this, you wont be able to stop the wildcat because RONNIE BROWN IS THE WILDCAT.

So i ask you to think it out before you post, who legitimately would you take over Ronnie Brown...right now.

Power, speed, agility, intellect, confidence, hands,demeanor, he is The total package.

Iam sure some people will choose some defensive players. Iam really interested to see if it came down to it, RIGHT NOW, WHO WOULD BE THE PLAYER WHERE YOU WOULD FIND THE CAHONES TO PART WITH RONNIE BROWN....A TRUE DOLPHIN.

dont say tom brady, he's out.

CrunchTime, HysterikiLL and anlgp like this.
  2. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    So much for my answer.lol

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Thats a good question... I agree, i dont want to give him up for anyone in this league right now. He's too important of a part to our team. The only downside to him is his ability to stay healthy. Sure those injuries were both freak incidents, but yeah. Its his only weakness.

At this point in time.. I dont want anybody other than ronnie on this team. So i woudlnt deal him for ANYONE. Most other bigtime superstars in this league have huge ego's attached to them. Ronnie is a team first kind of guy it seems. That my friends, wins out all the time in my opinion.

Edit: if i did have to choose someone, it probably would be Peyton manning... or even brady... i hate the guy, im sure most of us do... but we cant deny he's a great qb...

4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    gotcha brother, i mean if you really think about it, even add homerism to the equation, could you actually make that deal and part with this man at this moment considering all the elements.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    For a trade straight up and if I had to choose a Running Back, the closest I could come up with is Brian Westbrook. I think Westbrook is capable of playing in any system. However, it would be very hard to make that trade considering what Ronnie Brown is capable of. I'd probably say no for one reason. Westbrook is 29 years old and he has done so much for the Eagles in his three(?) years as a starter there. A year or so and he hits the RB wall. I take Ronnie for that reason.

If I had to choose a QB, it would depend on our QB situation. If we're talking about our current QB situation, I don't trade Brown for any QB out there. Not even Brady or Manning. However, if we're lacking a good talent at the QB spot, a name that would come to mind at the moment is Jay Cutler or Drew Brees. I'd prefer Cutler because he's younger and I believe he will be the best QB in this league once Manning and Brady hang the cleats up.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    well said, my mind is open but know one is coming to mind.

I mean even his ability to block is exceptional, i mean, i love watchin this guy on a football field, from runnin fools over to smilin before the snap to callin for cromrartie to come get some, the man is a freakin beast right now.

7. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    so right now lil brother your thinking Drew brees or Jay cutler, hmmmmm.

Now check it out, when writing this iam including everything in my analysis, meaning, i know we have chad henne waiting in the wings, but those two from an overall standpoint are definite candidates. good call, but i would'nt say their better imo. soooooo you didnt say whether or not you would trade ronnie for either of them?

Those two are good ones though and i think are 1 2 3 in the MVP race at this point.no particular order as of now

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    So your writing this with the current state of our team. That said, no I do not trade Ronnie Brown for either Cutler or Brees. Why? You take away Ronnie from this team, you not only take away the main weapon of the QB but you take away the main focus of the philosophy that is implemented by our current staff. You can't expect to be successful without the main piece of the puzzle which Ronnie Brown is. Furthermore, you can't only look at the best player in this trade. What you have to look at is that if the player you have or will be getting is the best fit for your team.

I agree.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Interesting list Travis. DJ said he is talking in the current state of this team which would, imo, knock Brees, Cutler and Williams off the list. That leaves DeMarcus Ware and Westbrook. I think that Westbrook would be the one traded for but he's 29 years old. DeMarcus Ware is a guy that would fill our need, one that we will likely look to fill in the first couple rounds of next years draft. I think it comes down to Ware. That said, I still think its hard to make that trade. However, with Parcells and co. love for 'backs taken later than the first round, I think they would make that trade. Would I? Not sure but I'd strongly consider it.

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I don't think there is really anyone playing better than Brown at this point who could give us as much in return. Westbrook would be a close second, but he lacks the pure power that RB can muster. But he wouldn't be able to 'replace' Brown in this scheme and for this team right now.

So I don't make a trade involving Brown right now. After the season where you'd have the time to incorporate a different back in his place...that's a different story...

11. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Jason Peters has played like crap since he came back. Bills fans are angry :lol:

12. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

At our current state I wouldn't trade for anyone. If I did it would have to be a RB because there's no way I'm trading someone as awesome as Brown and not getting that spot filled back up in return. I can't think of any other RB I'd rather have. The only other ones I would rather have are all older than Brown and make it not worth the trade.

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Mario williams we shall find out about 2maro

I just love the aggressive nature for which he runs with, that finishing power gets me excited.

14. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    Shouldnt westbrook's durability issues be questioned just as ronnie's are?

15. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    westbrook is made of glass. handle with care, he's fragile.

16. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

yeah he's got a bad ankle and two fractured (broken?) ribs. he's out today vs. SF

17. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I think my thread title is a little misleading,sorry.

i said best player is ronnie brown which is debatable, but considering we have henne waiting in the woings for which iam ecited about, i would'nt take cutler because of that.

Its really about, is there any one player offensive or defensive with our current state, even with eyes for the future that you would swap? I dont think theres anyone, thats awesome

18. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I'd trade for a QB instantly. And Ronnie is my favorite dolphins player, period. Brees Cutler and Brady are strongly in the mix.

19. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i'd take peterson over ronnie

20. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Peterson did rush for 111 yards on 25 carries today, but he did not find the endzone and lost 2 key fumbles, which almost cost the Vikings the game against the lowly Lions.

Brown rushed for 50 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries, including a beautiful juke move on Mario Williams that led to what should have been a game-winning touchdown run. He also had a key one-yard run earlier on that drive, in which he had to elude tacklers and bust forward to gain yardage for the first down.

Oh and he also added 3 receptions for 47 yards, including a long gainer down the right sideline on that key drive late in the fourth quarter.

But hey, you're entitled to your opinion.

Bruzer likes this.
  21. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Ronnie is the best Overall Running Back in the NFL.