1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie Brown speaks; Practices

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, May 19, 2010.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...much-signed-his-restricted-free-agent-tender/

When asked whether he has signed his restricted free agent tender worth approximately $3.97 million, Brown said, “Not yet … but, yeah, pretty much. Pretty much.”

Brown, who returned to the field Wednesday after suffering a Lisfranc fracture in the midsection of his right foot last November, wants a long-term contract, but isn’t bitter that one won’t be coming soon.

“You obviously think about as a player, for stability as far as the future and all of that and we play a rough sport,” Brown said. “I really haven’t been thinking about it too much because it’s one of those things that ultimately I can’t control. I can only worry about what I can control and that’s how I’m going through rehab and working in the weight room and then things out here.”

Ronnie was a bit of a surprise participant in OTAs. Apparently he took part in a few drills and a wildcat snap. He's not 100% though so he won't be doing too much it seems right now.

2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    So is he back or will he be shopped around for a pick or another player?

3. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    No he's pretty much back. Trade rumors have died down. It's to their benefit to keep him around for another year because they wont find a RB nearly as good, and it's his benefit because he's coming off of injury, and will want to have a good year before he seeks a new contract in 2011 from whoever it may be.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I hope Ricky teaches him the art of eating/yoga and we keep him around till he's 32. Ronnie's so much fun to watch and it's hard to find a guy who can run between the tackles.

5. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Ok. I know of some fans who believe this is just a set up. You know, get a deal done and then ship him to someone out there. Just thought I would throw that up and see if anyone heard anything similar. Thanks.

6. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I truly believe if Ronnie Brown goes through the season injury free we will see something special. Its in his best interest if that happens and the team will definitely benefit from it.
    I know he has received a lot of negativity about his injury history and concerns and its led to the trade Ronnie threads. But whatever anyone thinks about his injuries, his draft position or whatever, he has shown he is a solid running back with good hands and special skills and is Pro-Bowl caliber if healthy. This is JMO but I hope he has a great year and makes all of us second guess the lets trade Ronnie ideas.

Puka-head likes this.
  7. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    When Brown speaks...people listen.:shifty:

8. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Ronnie will be the #1 guy to take pressure off of Marshall while also returning the WC. We should have a dynamic offense this season and Ronnie will be a big contributor to that...

9. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Wow, I just had a vision of Ronnie taking the direct snap, going to the outside, and as the D closes in getting a lob off to Marshall.

Now that we've got some serious threats at WR, I could see the Wildcat becoming a much more dangerous set.

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I think we've got two more years of the R&R Express before we have to overhaul our RunningGame, enough to win the SuperBowl,twice! :up: