1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie Brown is on his way back

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Sounds like things are going well for Ronnie. I hope we don't do what we did with Culpepper and rush him back. I think that is why this regime has embraced Ricky though. I think they knew from the start that they needed to take it slowly with Ronnie. Barring him being very close to 100% I wouldn't mind starting Ricky and having Ronnie be more of a 3rd down back until he knows the knee will hold up.

2. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Im glad he is back.
    Just i don't want him to pull a Daunte on us...
    The fact that Coach talks about Hagan and goodman is good.

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Best news, but hope it doesn't mean he rushes back too fast. We've all got "Daunte-Syndrome" here, understandably, what a letdown that was!

alen1 likes this.
  4. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    alen1 likes this.
  5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Great news! we NEED ronnie back at 100% thats for sure.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    True we do, just not a rushed Ronnie.:up:

7. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Don't see how you can compare Brown and Culpeppers knees? Ronnie just tore his ACL, where CPep tore all 3. I do agree that we need to pace Brown and I believe that this group will not let the medical staff make the same mistakes that were made before.

8. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I hate to say it, but I dont see Ronnie being a big factor this season, the history of players having this injury strongly argues against it. Besides the physical aspect there is the mental. Many people just arent initially as aggressive, dont have the burst or agility, and go out of their way not to twist or put a strain on it.
    I hope Im wrong, but it will be a struggle for him. I hope either him or Ricky will be able to be a workhorse pounder, but there are serious issues with both. Its a concern, and I hope that it turns out to be unfounded.

9. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    The key will be easing him back. I expect Ronnie to carry the ball no more than 15 times a game in his first two or three games once the Regular Season rolls around. There is no need to rush him back with Ricky in house and in real football shape after an entire offseason conditioning program and Training Camp.

When healthy, Ronnie Brown scares the hell out of me. The key is if he can rebound from this injury and finally put it together to become an elite back in this league. At 26, his time is shortly running out. He has to evolve by the end of the 2009 season or he never will.