Ronnie Brown earns 2008 Ed Block Courage Award

9 replies

Feb 12, 2009, 11:39 AM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-edblock09,0,5403116.story

Running back Ronnie Brown was named the winner of the Dolphins' 2008 Ed Block Courage Award, the team announced today. The award is given annually to a player from each NFL team who displays extraordinary courage in the face of adversity.

What a great year 2008 was for Ronnie! Lets hope he keeps up the good work. :hi5:

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Feb 12, 2009, 01:17 PM

I hope he never wins this award again!

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Feb 12, 2009, 02:37 PM

Congrats to him. I got my money on Cam next year

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Feb 12, 2009, 02:41 PM

weird first thought, wow ronnie run an award for blocking........

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

KAKanye WestNew Member
Feb 12, 2009, 02:41 PM

"Skeet84 wrote:

Congrats to him. I got my money on Cam next year

If he plays well then I think he is a shoe in.

Feb 12, 2009, 02:56 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

weird first thought, wow ronnie run an award for blocking........

...some dude named Ed.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

phinfanukphinfanukNew Member
Feb 12, 2009, 05:39 PM

Extraordinary courage in the face of adversity? Really? Isn't that a little overblown.

Phinfanuk

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Feb 12, 2009, 05:58 PM

"phinfanuk wrote:

Extraordinary courage in the face of adversity? Really? Isn't that a little overblown.

Blowing out your knee is pretty adverse. Who would you rather have given the award to? Joey Porter for having a crappy 2007?

Look man, Liffort Hobley won this award a long time ago. Never disparage anything related to Liffort Hobley. (Joking)

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

phinfanukphinfanukNew Member
Feb 12, 2009, 06:30 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

Blowing out your knee is pretty adverse. Who would you rather have given the award to? Joey Porter for having a crappy 2007?

Look man, Liffort Hobley won this award a long time ago. Never disparage anything related to Liffort Hobley. (Joking)

Haha, not taking anything away from Ronnie, he played a lot better than I thought he would coming off the injury.

It just seems strange to me that he gets and award for extraordinary courage for recovering from it.

Phinfanuk

Feb 12, 2009, 07:28 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

I think we're going to see Ronnie get the football a whole bunch in 2009. It's time to put Ronnie to the test; it's put up or shut up time. We've seen that you can stay healthy while splitting carries and seen that you can dominate with a heavy workload but you have a difficult time staying healthy.

It's time to put it all together in a contract year. 325 touches 1500 total yards and about 12 total TDs.

Break out for Ronnie in 2009 and get that big contract after the year.

I don't think you'll ever see a running back in our offense dominate in terms of touches. In fact, I prefer to have running backs split carries for the most part because it keeps legs and bodies fresh for when they're really needed. With that being said, I do believe Ronnie should be getting more carries because he is the better back, but I'm not sure he'd ever get the number of touches you recommend. Not saying he couldn't handle it, I know he could, but in terms of freshness and performance, it will probably be like it was last season, around 250 touches.