1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romo says he’s ready to play

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by TheAnswer385, Oct 15, 2008.

1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    ProFootballTalk.com - ROMO SAYS HE’S READY TO PLAY

alen1 likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Interesting that it says he threw it with good velocity. I figured that his pinkie would give him trouble throwing the ball downfield and it still may. I wonder what effect it will have on his ability to put zip on the ball and over the defensive backs. If he has trouble with that, he could throw even more interceptions and he already has a high number of that in his last 20 or so games. (He has 23 INT's and 5 fumbles). I think Favre gave him this idea because ESPN said that Favre called him and told him to play with it if he could or something.

3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    LMAO!!!! Favre really does view himself as the NFL!! doesn't he? :lol:

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    With a lineup of TO, Roy, Crayton, and Austin at WR and Witten at TE, I'd want to rush back too. If he really can play, I'd use him as a rallying point if I were the coach. A linchpin of the offense willing to fight it through pain and injury can really inspire the rest of the cast.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Correct but if Romo falls on that hand and further damages his pinkie, he's going to need surgery and he'll be possibly done for the year. With the way that this offensive line has been playing, the possibility of him being on his back is very high. The Cowboys need to think long-term here, not short-term. If they're smart, they sit him and let him heal because Brad Johnson can manage that offense. He can't throw deep but he can get this team moving down the field.

6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Jerry Jones says it looks "promising" that romo could play. My source is the little scrolling ticker that travels along the bottom of the TV on football games and such.

7. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    If Kobe Bryant can take a team to the Finals and a team to the gold medal with a bad pinkie on his shooting hand, I think Romo can take it. I really feel this team needs to win it now because TO's not getting any younger and the defense is on the hinge of growing old.

8. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I just hope he does hurt his pinkie even more. If it needs surgery he may be out a long time