1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roger Stone's JFK's book ... LBJ did the deed!

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by gafinfan, Nov 4, 2013.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=- Club Member

Nov 13, 2009
    If Jack Ruby had never been born we'd have a lot more answers right now.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

2. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Why not, a little shoot off could be a lot of fun, with the added benefit of gaining a new friend, always a positive endeavor.

As for trusting the government you must remember that I was one of those guys ACing pilots into N Vietnam and along the trail so my view of LBJ is colored by his remarkable keyholing, and the pilot losses resulting from that micro managed stupidity.

MrClean and Ohiophinphan like this.
  3. gafinfan

If I may there are things you both are failing to take into consideration. First and foremost you have to consider LBJ outside the confines of "Government" Here is a guy who desired power and strove to gain it anyway possible. Its 1960 and we have a first time Catholic running for the Presidency, there was not one Southern Baptist who would openly vote for such a man and the man running against him was a died in the wool deep South guy. I remember MANY retorts with family members, I voted for JFK, concerning this very subject, as well as hearing all the fire and brimstone descending from Sunday pulpits.

When LBJ lost and then had to play second fiddle just to get to the WH I can't imagine a worse happening for this power hungry man. It is remarkable just how alike the Kennedy and Lincoln years and players are, its uncanny.

Section126 and MrClean like this.
  4. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Needless to say, I disagree. Over the years, JFK has been romanticized when he was a vehement anti-communist that pushed an agenda. Again, those guys tend to be darlings of the M.I.C.

5. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Oh..I agree with this.

But I am just saying..JFK was "Good for Business".

6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

When I think of vehement anti-communist I think of Joe McCarthy, the John Birch Society and their ilk. Are you putting JFK at that level?

7. MrClean

http://22november1963.org.uk/lee-harvey-oswald-marksman-sharpshooter

MikeHoncho and gafinfan like this.
  8. gafinfan

First chance I've had to read your link, been at youngest daughter's for granddaughter's birth, but couldn't agree more with comments made by service and FBI people.

Also, not noted, firing at a downward angle also adds to the difficulty.

As a long time shooter(BB gun at 5, 22 at 8, first centerfire a 32/20 at 10) and having sent tons of lead down range I've never believed that LHO could have done the deed. There are way to many negatives about the guy's mental makeup plus the total lack of practice time going against him plus, as I said before he never claimed the kill in the first place.

Another interesting side trip might be to check out Mr. Warren's job folder before he was appointed to SCOTUS, another of LBJ's cronies.

MrClean likes this.
  9. MrClean

My background was roughly the same. My dad had me shooting a .22 at about 6. We'd go to a place up the creek where we'd set up bottles and cans and plink. I didn't actually get a BB gun until I was about 9. My first one looked like the old M1 Carbine and you pushed in the barrel to **** it. My first rifle, started shooting at about 11, and I still have it, was 25/35 Pre War M94 Carbine. Also did some early shooting with a 25/20 M92 rifle with the long octagon barrel. Still have it too. My dad and many of his friends felt the 25/35 carbine was a good gun for a kid to start out with deer hunting.

gafinfan likes this.
  10. gafinfan

Not to highjack this thread but I too still have that Marlin 32/20 (24" barrel and crescent butt plate) that was my Grandfathers pot gun. My first kill was a head shot squirrel with that old gun. I still remember the thrill of bringing it home to add to the supper fare. Honestly it still ranks up there with my best hunting adventures all time.

The 25/35 is still effective and still widely used in Alaska, so I'm told by native hunters who use it for everything, including the big bears.

MrClean likes this.
  11. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    gafinfan likes this.
  12. gafinfan

Section I strongly recommend that you read this book. I'm almost half way thru it and the things I've learned about JFK and LBJ are amazing. Dose the book PROVE that LBJ did the deed? Not in my eyes, so far but, the ability and desire are there in spades.

As for your premise that JFK was "Good for Business" I strongly disagree:
    1. He was in the process of eliminating the Federal Reserve system. By Presidential order he had already started to print $5 bills and had some 1/2 million in circulation at the time of his killing
    2. In the process of returning to the Gold standard
    3. Clearly on the outs with the Joint Chiefs
    4. Made enemies of Hoover and his cronies
    5. Made enemies of the Mafia
    6. No friend of the Military/Industrial Machine
    7. You are sadly wrong about JFK/RFK and the ties with the CIA. It has been proven the Jack had little/no control of that rogue outfit [It was operating outside the bounds of government control since IKE had allowed it to become that way while he was in office]. He didn't trust them and they hated him.
    8 and this is just the tip of that iceberg

MrClean likes this.
  13. gafinfan

Another amazing read

Kroth, Jerry (2013-09-01). Coup d'etat: The assassination of President John F. Kennedy (Kindle Locations 63-65). Genotype. Kindle Edition.

There is so much going on in this "little" book, about 100 pages, Dr. Kroth cuts right to the chase and his work is very convincing to me.

MrClean likes this.
  14. danmarino

danmarino Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    As a former Marine who can shoot a man sized target, with iron sites, at 500 yards I can attest that with a little practice I could make that shot. Oswald missed twice and hit his target the 3rd time. Also, I doubt he was using that scope. From that distance it would have been easier to track without that crappy scope.

I believe the time for the three shots is about eight seconds total with that last 2 being just under 2 seconds. Even with a little bit of bolt trouble this would be doable, because Oswald had qualified twice at Marksman level in the Marines he knew how to clear or resolve a weapon problem. When he was in the Marines that test consisted of a rapid fire, 50 rounds at 200 yards at a man sized target. He scored 48 and 49. You would also have to assume that Oswald knew how to not only properly zero the firearm, but also make sure that it worked properly.

The rifle he used wasn't "crap". It was/is actually a very good shooting rifle.

15. MrClean

WADR, I really doubt you personally examined the rifle Oswald allegedly used. You can read it about the quality of said rifle by those who did, at this link.
    http://22november1963.org.uk/lee-harvey-oswald-marksman-sharpshooter

16. danmarino

danmarino Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    When I wrote that I meant the type of rifle and not his specific rifle. There's a lot of misinformation that the type of rifle he used was a POS.

However, here is what was said about his rifle in court. This testimony doesn't suggest that the rifle wouldn't shoot true.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/frazr1.htm