1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rishard Matthews

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finsincebirth, Nov 17, 2012.

1. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    So I'm going to take the opportunity to post a non doom and gloom or even a Ryan Tannehill thread. I just wanted to say that I was pretty happy with what a saw from Matthews the other night. He had a nice catch over the middle on one of those last two drives. Also he had that PI call on another target to him. It seemed like he was getting open and he may be worth watching in upcoming games if he sees some time.

dolfan7171, SICK, CD13 and 2 others like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, would like to see Egnew get some run as well, to me, that is what this season is all about, develop THill and the offense preferrably with younger players.

This is why the oline playing so poorly is disappointing, it means more holes to fill and skews offensive performance.

3. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Totally agree with Rishard Matthews looking good. Hopefully he gets targeted a lot more, particularly in the red zone.

SICK likes this.
  4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Heck in club, I advocated for Matthews over Gaffney, to me it just makes sense.

Sorry my fellow finfanz, this yr is going to be a giant turd sammie..we gotta hope for some of the youngsters to flash.

LOVE what Thigpen has been doing, would like to see him in the regular offense as well.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    There was definitely one moment in a critical no huddle situation where he didn't know the play very well and it slowed the offense down because Tannehill had to tell him where to be and what to do. That gives you a glimpse of why they've been holding him back. But overall he did more good than bad and looked really interesting out there.

6. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'd love to see more of him, Lamar Miller, and anything out of Michael Egnew.

7. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I would like to see more of Thigpen involve in the offense, I was happy to see RMatthews in the field.

8. 407PhinFan

407PhinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 20, 2011
    He's looked like he has a knack for getting open in preseason, and again in limited action against the bills. Granted, they don't have the best DBs in the league, but I'd definitely like to see more of Matthews going forward. I bet he could do some good things against a secondary like New England, and it would be excellent for Tannehill if we have another young receiver developing into a legitimate weapon. While a #1 receiver is a desperate need, it'd be awesome if we could have three or four other, skilled receivers capable of making plays...

Jagfish likes this.
  9. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Yeah Matthews looks like he could become part of the bigger picture with this team moving forward. We really need a big physical fast number one target for Tannehill to throw to but it would be nice to see Matthews emerge too. The receivers this year have actually overachieved in my opinion. What really did we expect from an undrafted player in Bess, and a mid round pick in Hartline? They have done well and I hope we can keep them both, but lets get a number one. Until then i'm all about seeing what Matthews has to bring.

10. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I'm not sure Matthews is the answer at one of the WR positions. What I do think though is that the rest of this season should be used to see if any of this years draft class can actually be productive members of the Dolphins going forward.

Fasano is a free agent after this season. It is time Egnew is given playing time to see what he has to offer and see if he can upgrade the TE position over what Fasano has to offer. Which hasn't been that much lately, since he has only 4 catches in the last four games.

We all see what we are going to get from Thomas. A RB who is very mediocre and can't pick up the tough yardage on third or fourth and short. The coaching staff seems to have little interest in keeping Bush around after this season. So it is time to start seeing what they have in Miller. He should be an important part of the offense over the last six games. If he can't block or he can't pick up the offensive playbook, I have to question his usefulness to the team in the coming years. Get him in the games and let's see what he has to offer. It can't be any worse than what the RB's have had to offer in recent weeks.

I have no problem with Matthews being the first WR to come off the bench when the Dolphins go to a three WR set. I'm not sure he is an upgrade over the other #3 #4, receivers on the Dolphins but he should be given the chance to prove his worth during the remainder of this season.

What the Dolphins have been doing on offense the past few weeks certainly hasn't been working. Perhaps its time we start finding out if the 2012 draft class is a hit or a bust. Put them on the field and let us see what they have to offer.

11. juju.simba

juju.simba New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    been wanting him in since week 1 ,really dont know how /why his been inactive on gameday when we had such rubbish in naanee and armstrong active instead ,even if he is struggling with the knowledge of the system !
    charles clay was struggling with the system but he was still active on game day

12. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    You know, this could really give us something to look forward to the last six games. Seeing guys like Matthews, more of Miller, and maybe even Egnew, and how they gel w/ Tannehill. Could be a disaster, mind-you but then again - it might not!

13. juju.simba

juju.simba New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    agree i like to see josh samuda given a shot at left guard where richie incognito been utter garbage especially these last few weeks ,there`s no way his coming back @$4-$5m next year , its worrying that egnew hasnt been active even when the very very average [being nice] has also been inactive of late

i like to see thigpen as our 3rd down back been wanting it all year tbh!

14. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    This is what Philbin said about Matthews

15. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Hmmm. So is Matthews someone who practices well?

16. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I think it's being more implied that he hasn't practiced well and he only played this week because he finally did practice well.

Which, let's be honest, is probably a lie. The players hardly practiced at all prior to the Buffalo game because it was a Thursday night game.

17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I took it as he doesn't practice well, however he only made it in because of injuries.