1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Risers, sliders for 2009 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by joeydolfan, Sep 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Tony Pauline: Risers, sliders for 2009 NFL Draft - NFL - SI.com

Michael Johnson/DE/Georgia Tech: NFL scouting services ranked Johnson as the No. 1 senior in the nation heading into the season and he proved deserving of that grade against Boston College. His upfield pressure in the first half forced an interception. Late in the game his relentless pass rush hampered the Eagles bid to move the ball, which sealed a Georgia Tech victory.

Malcolm Jenkins/CB/Ohio State: Jenkins was one of the few bright spots during the Buckeyes' listless victory over Ohio. He put his outstanding cover skills on display and shut out the Bobcat offense every time it dared to pass in his direction.

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Jenkins is playing more Corner this year, he spent time last year at Safety which Corner is his true position.

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Seeing Jenkins play makes me want him on our team even more.

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'm not gonna lie, I love jenkins (though I think he'd be a better safety then corner).

Michael Johnson is still the player I want most though.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    One guy that has caught my eye is Larry English of NIU. English is a big OLB/DE at 6'3, 255 pounds. He uses his hands pretty well from the little video I've seen on him. He likes to bullrush the opposing Tackle. He's pretty quick as well and sometimes speed rushes around the slower Tackles. Some have said he fits the mold of a Terrell Suggs. He's not listed here but I thought I'd bring him up if the we plan on going after an OLB. I think if we have a high pick, it could be George Selvie. If not, I expect a CB or an ILB with the first pick. Another guy that I brought up in the mains is Dominique Johnson. He transferred from Missouri to Jackson State. He interests me a lot. A taller Corner at 6'2. He is athletic and can create turnovers (had 5 INT's for Jackson State last year). He is also very fast, running a late 4.3 forty. Right now, I've heard him projected around a mid-round pick but I expect him to shoot up draft boards come combine ala Dominique-Rodgers Cromartie (NOTE: I don't expect him vault up to the first round). I'd love for us to be able to snatch Johnson with our second 2nd rounder.

6. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Last year proves otherwise. He struggled at Safety last year he play Safety more than Corner. This year he is play 80-90% Corner and is doing much better.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Can make a lot more money being a great corner than safety ;)

Still, he has looked very good so far, if he keeps it up throughout the season could be a top 5 pick. Have not been many CBs picked to high the last few years, between him and Davis it might change.

8. DraftBoy

DraftBoy New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Another DE/OLB guy to think of who is a 2nd-3rd Round talent right now is Austin English of Oklahoma. Really has come on early this season, and is rising up boards, especially if he can keep it up once the Big 12 season starts up.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Sounds familiar.