RIP Robin Williams

87 replies

The RevThe RevAdministrator
Aug 11, 2014, 10:06 PM

"Behold the moon, like a testicle, hangs low in the night sky."

One of my favorite lines ever.

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 12:18 AM

No matter how happy someone seems on the outside, you will never know the battles they are fighting on the inside.

Be kind to you fellow man (even FinD) no matter how hard it may be to bite your tongue and swallow your pride.

"And if we bury you ass up, I have got a place to park my bike." - Patch Adams.

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 12:41 AM

Damn, this is a shockingly sucky death.

A lot of people remember him for his comedy. And rightfully so. He was great... (i loved how he sweat his ass off on stage too. Put his heart and soul into every bit). But what stands out to me is his serious work. Very few people with his background can make a believable leap to drama. Guy was unbelievably talented.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 12:50 AM

"The Rev wrote:

"Behold the moon, like a testicle, hangs low in the night sky."

One of my favorite lines ever.

still think thats his greatest skit or adlib (never know which one with him)



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 01:15 AM

Part of me can't believe it while the rest of me is unfortunately not surprised. He always struck me as a guy who had to work really hard to find happiness.

He had a lot of great roles/moments but I always loved him the most in Good Will Hunting.

Def have to give a nod to Mrs Doubtfire also as the staple movie for kids in single-parent homes growing up.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

A13OVEAVERAGEA13OVEAVERAGESupporter
Aug 12, 2014, 01:54 AM

He was a great comedian and actor, but an even better person.

At least you are free now.

RIP Robin.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 07:38 AM

Dude that .gif.......the feels.....

finyank13finyank13New Member
Aug 12, 2014, 08:45 AM

You had to figure this was bound to happen, that whole crew, him, Chase, Martin lived very taxing lives on the body and mind....

Mod Edit: Lets keep politics out of this thread please, thank you.

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

finyank13finyank13New Member
Aug 12, 2014, 10:21 AM

Mod Edit: keeping politics out of this thread, we have a whole separate forum for that

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Aug 12, 2014, 10:24 AM

again:

lets keep politics out of this thread, we have a whole separate forum for that.

Thank you.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

finyank13finyank13New Member
Aug 12, 2014, 10:38 AM

"Paul 13 wrote:

again:

lets keep politics out of this thread, we have a whole separate forum for that.

Thank you.

My bad fellas I was writing when you issued your first edict....

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 10:45 AM

Its just sad thinking of a world without Robin Williams.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Aug 12, 2014, 10:53 AM

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Aug 12, 2014, 10:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1uWvvMsL5w&feature=youtu.be

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

cuchulainncuchulainnSupporter
Aug 12, 2014, 11:11 AM

"Fin D wrote:

Its just sad thinking of a world without Robin Williams.

Pretend it's Finyank. You'll feel better. :shifty:

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 11:19 AM

"cuchulainn wrote:

Pretend it's Finyank. You'll feel better. :shifty:

You don't understand, finyank, in my mind, is already the less funny and more evil version of Robin Williams.

cuchulainncuchulainnSupporter
Aug 12, 2014, 11:22 AM

"Fin D wrote:

You don't understand, finyank, in my mind, is already the less funny and more evil version of Robin Williams.

Indeed. The man in "action".

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Aug 12, 2014, 06:25 PM

As a man, I am sad that a man died.
As a father, I am sad that a daughter lost her father.
As a lover, I am sad that a wife lost her husband.
As a comedian, I am sad that I have to wait a few weeks before people will laugh at the jokes written about his passing.

And that right there, is the addiction and the depression.

gunn34gunn34New Member
Aug 12, 2014, 06:45 PM

A huge loss. I think he was the funniest man in the impromptu area. Could make jokes about anything the audience yelled out.

cuchulainncuchulainnSupporter
Aug 12, 2014, 09:15 PM

"Samphin wrote:

As a man, I am sad that a man died.
As a father, I am sad that a daughter lost her father.
As a lover, I am sad that a wife lost her husband.
As a comedian, I am sad that I have to wait a few weeks before people will laugh at the jokes written about his passing.

And that right there, is the addiction and the depression.

Wait. You're a comedian? Aren't those supposed to be funny? :shifty:

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Aug 12, 2014, 10:31 PM

"cuchulainn wrote:

Wait. You're a comedian? Aren't those supposed to be funny? :shifty:

Turns out...no.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Aug 12, 2014, 10:33 PM

"cuchulainn wrote:

Wait. You're a comedian? Aren't those supposed to be funny? :shifty:

Odd parasitic relationship b/t Sammie humor and alcohol consumption, and the audiences' sense of humor and alcohol consumption

Could not believe he was 63, seems like Mork and Mindy was FOREVER ago

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 11:12 PM

"cuchulainn wrote:

Pretend it's Finyank. You'll feel better. :shifty:

holy ****, it worked!

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 12, 2014, 11:31 PM

Something to be said about going out when you want to, even if it isn't while you're on top.

It's tough for me to be broken up when someone I don't know personally (and have no interactive relationship with) willingly takes their own life. I mean it was their choice and they likely had a reason for wanting to do it (even if it isn't for an apparent good reason), so if they wanted out well that's on them. It's unfortunate for the people around him that expected him to stick around a lot longer, but for a fan it isn't like the works he has already done are going to disappear with him and won't be available to share with others if it meant so much to you. I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset either, I'm just saying I personally don't get it and can't imagine a connection that would be that upsetting.

Then again, this is coming from the guy who found nothing sad about the beginning of the movie "Up".

I'm also curious how many people (not necessarily those in this thread) that are so upset (in their words) about his passing and were such big fans actually watched his most recent show even once (note: it wasn't canceled because of his death)? The question is rhetorical.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Aug 12, 2014, 11:34 PM

Robin Williams isn't dead. He's stuck in the jungle waiting for someone to roll a 5 or 8.