RIP Phins17

44 replies

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew MemberOP
Dec 20, 2013, 06:46 PM

I'm in shock today as I learned of the passing of my friend Juan C. Lopez. I had "known" Juan for years at the Miami Dolphins message boards as Phins17. Before that he had been a year or two behind me at Miami High, but it was only when I moved back to Miami recently that I finally connected with him in person, and found him to be one of the most genuine and nicest people I had known. I was lucky to share our mutual love of football, whiskey and cigars with Juan before he passed; but most importantly, his company. Whiskey or cigars, or both—hoist one to a good man next time you partake.

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Dec 20, 2013, 06:48 PM

Fins down. :(

Sorry to read this. RIP to Phins17.

Nabo, if you need to talk...hit Lucky up.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 20, 2013, 06:56 PM

Cigar lit, beverage hoisted in his memory Nabo

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Dec 20, 2013, 06:58 PM

Hey Nabo...I'm sorry to hear about your bud, glad you got to meet him..

Miss u around here bro.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Dec 20, 2013, 08:10 PM

one tribute shot of whiskey coming up after the win over Buffalo.

vizi0nvizi0nSupporter
Dec 20, 2013, 08:12 PM

Sorry for your loss... Got some jack on the rocks... Raised it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Dec 20, 2013, 08:21 PM

Sorry for your loss Nabo..I hope you and his family the best.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
Dec 20, 2013, 08:28 PM

Very sorry to hear about your friend. I don't drink, but I'll smoke a cigar for you!

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Dec 20, 2013, 08:48 PM

Rip , will honor

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Dec 20, 2013, 09:02 PM

Terrible news. He was one of the first people here after the split and one of the nicest members around. RIP.

Good to see you around Nabo, wish you had better news but appreciate it all the same.

SKskippysphinsForum Veteran
Dec 20, 2013, 09:08 PM

Rip phins 17

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Dec 20, 2013, 09:39 PM

I lost my good friend from 9 years old today too. His facebook profile pic is the dolphins logo. He had drug problems and died way too young (26 years old).....I will toast to Phins17 and my friend Matt too. Sorry Nabo, good to see you man.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Dec 20, 2013, 09:43 PM

And looking at his facebook, I think he came to Miami Mikes in New Jersey with us during the Pat White draft. He was smoking a cigar so it all fits together.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Dec 20, 2013, 09:43 PM

thoughts and prayers.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Dec 20, 2013, 10:10 PM

I didn't know Phins17, but my condolences go out to his friends and family. Always sad to lose a phins brother. RIP


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

Dec 20, 2013, 10:48 PM

:(

Man, I didn't know him too well except from here, but I know everyone spoke very highly of him. So sad to lose a good man a good Dolphins fan.

R.I.P. Juan.

MNmnfinfanLuxury Box
Dec 20, 2013, 10:59 PM

Sorry to hear that, didn't know him well but he was always a straight up guy. RIP Juan.

JDelenneJDelenneSupporter
Dec 20, 2013, 11:02 PM

R.I.P. Juan, Sorry to hear. It's always tough to lose someone close to you. My condolences and prayers go out to his family and friends tonight.

branbranNew Member
Dec 20, 2013, 11:08 PM

thoughts and condolences to his friends and family. RIP phins17 :sad:

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
Dec 20, 2013, 11:12 PM

may you rest in peace Phins17

Dec 20, 2013, 11:40 PM

r.i.p. bro

PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS


DON'T MESS WITH US!

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Dec 20, 2013, 11:48 PM

RIP Juan

The RevThe RevAdministrator
Dec 20, 2013, 11:53 PM

...prayers hoisted for him as well, Joe. Juan was good people. I think I met him once with Marty, FFIC, and Mor in a game against KC. Good people.

Eternal rest grant onto him, Oh Lord. Let perpetual light shine upon him. May He rest in peace. Amen.

Don't be a stranger, Joe. Good to see you around. GB

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Dec 21, 2013, 12:26 AM

A message from Juan's son:

Juan Lopez

To all finheaven and thephins my father appreciated all you guys. He lived and died following you guys I know you will miss him like I do. Thanx you all for taking the time to read from the Lopez family to yours....

He would have liked to deliver it in person but it's just too hard right now, so he asked me to pass it along. If you're on FB and would like to express your condolences, this is his page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000833790057

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Dec 21, 2013, 12:58 AM

Sorry to hear Nabo.

Another Phin brother lost.

RIP Jetssuck