1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ricky Predicts at least 9 wins and 1,000 yds for him and Ronnie

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jackson, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    ricky may emerge as the offensive leader on this team

I LUB RW

edit: plz dont hurt us ricky :(

Kanye West likes this.
  2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks for the action Jackson.. a very nice read :)

Kanye West, DOLPHAN1 and late again like this.
  3. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Was Ricky Williams high when he said this. JK

But really I think thta is a good perdiction. I really hope he is right about the 9 iwns and 7 losses I dont see why we can do it. I think a lot of teams are just going to think we are going to lay down for them and they will be suprised when we hit them with our smash mouth play

PMZQ likes this.
  4. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Anytime CNC!

5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Wouldn't that be great!!

6. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Thanks Jackson.
    I think he is setting his goals a bit high, but not impossible.
    That's actually a good thing.
    If they stay healthy and the OL clicks then I see this as a real possibility... maybe next year.

7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Thanks. Nice read. Did ricky also predict when he gets his next suspension? :lol: just kidding, just kidding! Hopefully he sticks around though!

I think 9 is being a little over optimistic. However, if it happens, id for sure take it! I definitely can see him and Ronnie both getting 1000 yards though. I think our new o-line is going to make us a running machine. As long as everyone can stay healthy

8. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i mean its probably better for them not to make any 'predictions' at all, but you can't fault him for aiming high! what do you want him to say, "we're going to win at least 3 games this year lets go guys!" haha

and we never heard anything like this out of him (at least not that i remember) during the past few troubling years, so hopefully this is a sign he's back to stay. the only way i see the 1000 yard thing is if ricky gets the majority of the carries for the first half of the season and ronnie is 100% by the second half.. otherwise if ronnie is healthy the whole time he could go over 1000 easy but with limited carries ricky might not get there

9. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I hope the NFL doesn't read this, they'll be following Ricky around with a cup.

As much as I love to hear players set the bar high, it means nothing to me coming from Ricky because he has been too unreliable. I hope he does well, but his words mean nothing to me.

10. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Great read and he's right about one thing "If you miss it, you are going to do it." Wow the guy has truly grown up. Good for him. :up::hi5:

11. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    As long as he has truly given it up, they can follow him all they want.

I have to admit this is the most positive he has spoken about football in several years, if ever, from my memory. I really WANT to believe him... but he does have something to prove.

12. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    And that's just the thing, noone knows when and if Ricky will screw up again. He hasn't been infront of the cameras and had media guys asking the same question 20 different ways for a full season. Unless he's taking his legal prescribed meds for his social anxiety disorder he'll always be a risk IMO.

13. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

See? I told you Ricky wasn't done with the wacky tobacky.

Please just go away Ricky.

14. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Well, at the least it shows how confident this team feels after all the hard work they've put in.

They KNOW they've done enough already to deserve some wins.

I hope that hard work and confidence continues through t.c.

15. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    4 more years ? That will increase his trade value although I hope we dont trade him .

Its difficult to get through an entire year without an injury to a feature back especially when your offense plays smashmouth football.

Where else can you get such quality backup at such a low cap hit cost.

Bpk and alen1 like this.
  16. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I like how his goal is to be a reliable and responsible teamate. That meant the most to me being a fan and wanting to instill trust in him.

But i'm glad he's determined and has faith in our team. Hope he's right, and if we do have 2 backs that each eclipse 1000 yards, 9 games should be achievable.

17. Get Up And Go

Get Up And Go New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Fingers crossed.

18. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Interesting read.

19. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Considering his level of intelligence, and attitude, he seems to have matured a lot in recent time. So I tend to like hearing this from Ricky, he never seemed much of a rah rah guy, nor much for predictions, so it seems he's a> buying in to the Parcells program, b> liking what he see's on this team, and c> desiring to rebuild some legacy.

All this is very positive, of course he's being just a bit optimistic, but we NEED our team to set lofty goals, you can't reach for the stars if your goals are only the mountaintop.

Bpk likes this.
  20. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Only 9? Before a game, I have a hope they win each and every single one. So right now it's 19-0.

But then it goes 18-1, 17-2 ...

21. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Great read! Never heard him talk like that... Maybe he finally appreciates what he's doing! Love the predictions, shows confidence and his outlook of this team.

22. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    It's too bad we don't have a smiley for stuff flying over someone's head....:lol:

23. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Honestly, regardless of whether or not he's taking his meds, he's going to be a risk. One thing of note in that article was his mention of Wanny's clumsy handling of RWs issues "cinched his decision to retire". I get the impression that RW is a fairly passive personality when not playing football-which in itself is pretty weird. Nonetheless, my point is IMO RW is pretty easily influenced by external factors. So far, the buzz is that Parcells has been pushing all the right buttons for RW. So maybe whatever it is that the Tuna is providing is just what Ricky needs to stay on the straight and narrow.
    As you inferred though, only time will tell.

alen1 and DOLPHAN1 like this.