1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richie Incognito and mixed messages..a good idea imho

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Mar 18, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/11743/incognito-gives-dolphins-mixed-message

Dolphins players are not feelin' the love for Rotten Richie Incognito..to which I say Good, we were 7-9 and folded like a wet towel during the playoff stretch last yr, the players (as much as I like them) have to be reminded of what Traning Camp 2008 was like.

No one was safe, no one was sure what thier status was, every player came to camp hungry and with no guarantees.

To me, I see the Incognito signing and the Wilson release as one and the same thing, maybe Sparano feels he got to close to his players last yr and needed a dramatic change, but either way, I like the manner that they are doing things to shake the players up this offseason.

2. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Heres the way I see it, and I constantly say this. The Dolphins are the most humble team in the NFL-with the exception of Peezy (who is long gone now) and the occasional antics of Channing Crowder. Iccognito is a good player, but he does cost his team a lot of yards with stupid penalties. And he is definatly not your average Dolphin (dirtiest player in the nlf?)

He may spoil the modest-ness of the Phins...

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Maybe, Rotten Richie has a cheap contract and would be a low cost waiver, but if he sticks his resume is better than people may think, he was on the Oliine when the Rams were still the greatest show on turf.

4. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    It's fine with me so long as he's willing to reform himself and legitimately try to play like a civilized human being. The second he messes up though, or shows sign of it, he needs to go sit on the bench.

5. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    This move has IMO, more potential to do: a) nothing.....b) more harm than good

It's a risky move to just add depth

And all I see as far as the Wilson release is that we keep screwing up FA....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    How does this move have the potential to do more harm then good? Right now, Incognito is arguably our best guard, and he's working cheap. It's a low rish/high reward move.

And this FO isn't screwing up on FA as much as you make it seem.

Killerphins likes this.
  7. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    You are talking about a guy that NO one wants to play with, NO one wants on their team........there's a good reason for that.

And this FO better do REALLY well in this draft or they will find themselves on the hot seat next year. Some of their decisions have been terribly poor and IMO, have set this team back. Some good stuff there as well.......but "some" doesn't get you to a SB.

SICK likes this.
  8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Rotten Richie is just misunderstood...:shifty:

Well, 08 was a Top Notch draft, 09 was average, we got 4 starters in 08, 2 in 09, but truth be told it is the oddball signings like D Bess and Cam Wake and Lou Polite that have really shined for Ireland and Co.

This yr Johnston, Tsoumpas, Incognito and Kory Sheets could be 'those' guys.

Maybe White, Clemons, Nalbone, and Turner come into their own this year, it's sorta to early to say with them JS.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    That is a good point. Bu a good player is a good player. They will just have to get along if they want this team to succeed.

And some decisions have been great. Randy Starks, Lou Polite, and Chad Pennington to name a few. All amazing signings. This FO isn't on the hot seat. Everyone is forgetting just 2 years ago, we were 1-15. Building a superbowl team takes time.

PhinsRock likes this.
  10. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I would say NO one wants to play AGAINST him much like Rodney Harrison the previous "dirtiest" player his own teamates may learn to like him very much...a lot like that Phsycho that ripped of that jest players helmet years ago most of his team applauded that move..Say Bart Scott cheap shots Henne it wouldn't bother me for a second if Incognito went ape **** on him.

11. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I don't think anyone on the Jets wanted to play with Bryan Cox either. Until he came on the team. It's what they say after playing with him, that I'll concern myself with.