1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGIII Declares for the Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by RoninFin4, Jan 1, 2012.

1. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    :woot:

Nice!

3. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

Per Mort:

Looks like it's about to get real interesting.

padre31 likes this.
  4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    that helps if its confirmed and legit....good news for us for sure.

5. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    I already posted in the RGIII Bowl thread but, I will GLADLY scarf down my crow on saying he wasn't coming out.

6. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Him and Landry Jones coming out (if Jones does declare as speculated) definitely helps offset the loss of Barkley and gives everyone a bit more options to play with.

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Just hedging their bet, it should tell us that Manning is finished in Indy.

8. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I dunno. Griffin certainly needs some seasoning in my opinion before he's NFL-ready. In other words, he's not as ready as Cam Newton and Andy Dalton were coming last year. I think he's somewhere between Christian Ponder and Jake Locker in terms of readiness.

His footwork in the pocket leaves something to be desired. I think he'll have some trouble making NFL-level reads based on his offense at Baylor. I think he could stand to bulk up. He's listed at what, 220lbs? I don't think he's that big. Something about his delivery seems a tick slow to me. Not Tebow bad, but not as smooth as guys like Newton or Ponder. I think if Manning does play next year, it'll be in Indy. However, as Polian said about Luck earlier this year, it could be like a Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation in Green Bay. I think it rings especially true if the Colts have Griffin. He could sit for a year or two, or three, and be inserted in when Peyton moves on.

9. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Fixed. Some sucker team may sign Peyton, but if the Colts get rid of him and draft a QB, it's because Peyton is physically unable to play football.

Now that the Colts have the #1 overall pick, RG3 will probably be a top 5 selection. Cleveland seems the obvious landing spot.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

I wanted no part of Landry Jones.

11. Laces Out

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    I still want no part of Landry Jones.....but why is what you say in the past tense?

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

Had a feeling the Dolphins would somehow find a way to actually trade up for Jones if RG3 weren't available. They still might, who knows :meh:

13. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    With all due respect, I disagree. Barkley was as elite a prospect as Andrew Luck. In fact, several NFL GM's have thought that Barkley played better this year than Andrew Luck and even rated him as a higher prospect. Barkley was lights out this year and will be the consensus #1 overall pick next year just as Andrew Luck was this year.

As good as RG3 has played there are still a lot of questions surrounding him: his commitment to football, transition to a pro-style offense, ability to handle the beating of the NFL, etc, etc.

Landry Jones had a pretty bad year this year and should have stayed in school in my opinion. In his last 4 games he has thrown 6 interceptions and only thrown for 1 touchdown (Ironically that was after Broyles went down). I see Jones dropping to the 2nd or even 3rd round like Ryan Mallet did last year. He has a ton of questions surrounding his game: his pocket presence and footwork, ability to read defenses, ability to adjust to the pro-style offense, etc.

Barkley being in this draft would have been a dream come true. As each team would have been able to pick the best top QB that fit their philosophy and now its just pick the best QB you can; with only two elite QB prospects (RG3 and Luck). The thing about this QB draft that makes it special in my eyes is just the pure depth and number of decent QB's available with Tannehill, Nick Foles, Brandon Weeden, Ryan Lindley, Kellen Moore, etc. Overall, its a good QB draft with most of the talent to value picks coming in the middle rounds in the 2nd to 4th round.

Boik14 likes this.
  14. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Hahah I am with you on this. I mentioned he could stay in school too and thought there was a greater chance of his staying than most thought... but the crow doesn't taste so bad lol.

15. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    I'd bet everything I have that Flynn ends up in Cleveland and that RG3 (barring any trades) ends up in Washington.

16. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I think Washington will be the ones to ulltimately land Flynn.

17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    After watchin him in his bowl game, I knew he was comin out...I'am excited about the chance to trade up and aquire him..Beside Luck, he is perfect for us, in so many ways.

18. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Benjamin Volin
    And now Fisher hold the key to RG3. Will he throw the #Dolphins a bone and let them trade up to get him?

19. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

And miss out on Blackmon? Not likely IMO. No way he'd last till 8/9

20. Laces Out

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    RGIII is a project with great tools to work with. World class speed, a quick, near effortless release, and great accuracy. BUT, he really wasn't asked to make complex reads, had a tendency to bail on plays, and is unproven under center. Ask Jacksonville how a similar pick worked out.....