Rey Malauga
22 replies
Is anyone watching the USC game? I just saw him pick off a pass by reading the QB eyes, great awarness. When he picked it off and went back for the TD I had moments of seeing Zack Thomas.. Man if we could get him we would be very solid in the middle for at least 5-7 yrs IMO.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Great play. We have a scouting thread going on in the club level about this game. Odds are, there is a future Dolphin in this game and there's a great chance our first round pick comes from this game (Malugua or Malcolm Jenkins.)
I'm still more partial to Jenkins. But of course, Malugua and Jenkins are both behind Michael Crabtree.
I agree. I wouldn't count out James Lauranitis just yet though. He didn't look too good on one drive but I wouldn't count him out.
im for maleluga
is robiskie a candidate for a later round pick??
i said reggie bush wouldn't translate well into the NFL as a RB. I think thus far, I called that one pretty well. He seems to me, more like a glorified slot receiver.
this is my next bold prediction. i dont think rey translates as well as an nfl line-backer as everyone thinks. i like the safety ellison in this one. but rey reminds me of a ron dayne. just so big and physically gifted that they cant be denied on this level. he does seem smart and instinctive too though. ah hell, i dunno.
Draft forum.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Great play. We have a scouting thread going on in the club level about this game. Odds are, there is a future Dolphin in this game and there's a great chance our first round pick comes from this game (Malugua or Malcolm Jenkins.)
I'm still more partial to Jenkins. But of course, Malugua and Jenkins are both behind Michael Crabtree.
I'm going to have to join club level. Seems like I am missing a lot of good stuff in there.
Malugua would have to be the pick if he is still available. Non-stop motor, all over the field and has the size to be a great 3-4 inside linebacker. One thing this defense needs is a playmaker and he would give it just that.


"MelbournePhin wrote:
is robiskie a candidate for a later round pick??
I think he will go in the first round.


"Brown42000 wrote:
I'm going to have to join club level. Seems like I am missing a lot of good stuff in there.
Malugua would have to be the pick if he is still available. Non-stop motor, all over the field and has the size to be a great 3-4 inside linebacker. One thing this defense needs is a playmaker and he would give it just that.
yeah the club level is really good..if i had money i would've renewed my membership but i dont have money for that right now

"MelbournePhin wrote:
is robiskie a candidate for a later round pick??
I think Robiskie is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. His dad was the Dolphins WR's coach under Cam Cameron last year I believe.
@KevinMD4
"Stitches wrote:
Draft forum.
griddles could move it, oh wait.......................................

"RoninFin4 wrote:
I think Robiskie is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. His dad was the Dolphins WR's coach under Cam Cameron last year I believe.
Yeah his dad is Terry Robiskie


"King Felix wrote:
yeah the club level is really good..if i had money i would've renewed my membership but i dont have money for that right now
It's cheaper here then it is at the other site. I am pretty sure Celtkin would let you do like 6 months at a time too.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Brown42000 wrote:
I'm going to have to join club level. Seems like I am missing a lot of good stuff in there.
Malugua would have to be the pick if he is still available. Non-stop motor, all over the field and has the size to be a great 3-4 inside linebacker. One thing this defense needs is a playmaker and he would give it just that.
I like Maualuga but there are still questions about him. As Boomer pointed out in the draft forum, he does over pursue plays, hits the wrong gaps at times and can get himself out of position. He needs to work on his game but he could be a very good player imo.
I like George Selvie out of USF too. He is explosive, very quick and is often in the backfield. But he comes with questions just like every player in this draft as well.
I think I like Malcolm Jenkins the most though. Very good CB.
"alen1 wrote:
I agree. I wouldn't count out James Lauranitis just yet though. He didn't look too good on one drive but I wouldn't count him out.
I dont think Lauranitis is a good fit for the Dolphins defense. He seems like a cover-2 linebacker to me.
"Disgustipate wrote:
I dont think Lauranitis is a good fit for the Dolphins defense. He seems like a cover-2 linebacker to me.
You may be right.
Jenkins dropped a bit in my book and Maualuga is bumped up. Still have Crabtree as my #1 though.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

"Regan21286 wrote:
Jenkins dropped a bit in my book and Maualuga is bumped up. Still have Crabtree as my #1 though.
How so he never got burned.
Rey is a monster and still my pick for the Dolphins.
"BuckeyeKing wrote:
How so he never got burned.
Rey is a monster and still my pick for the Dolphins.
Had some trouble covering one of the $C WR's (I think it was Turner?). Got pushed out of the play on that one TD.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

"Regan21286 wrote:
Had some trouble covering one of the $C WR's (I think it was Turner?). Got pushed out of the play on that one TD.
I would have to see it seeing how they scored quite a bit :lol:
"Regan21286 wrote:
Had some trouble covering one of the $C WR's (I think it was Turner?). Got pushed out of the play on that one TD.
On that play, he was picked so Turner scored because he was left wide open. There were a couple instances where he was confused though. On the first TD, USC sent a TE down the middle and Jenkins followed him, leaving the WR open with the Safety. The Safety was no where near the receiver. And then there was one more play where I can't remember what happened but Jenkins was lost. Two bad plays really, he couldn't do anything about the pick set by USC's other receiver. He's still my top player (aside from Crabtree), with Maualuga and Selvie behind him.
"alen1 wrote:
On that play, he was picked so Turner scored because he was left wide open. There were a couple instances where he was confused though. On the first TD, USC sent a TE down the middle and Jenkins followed him, leaving the WR open with the Safety. The Safety was no where near the receiver. And then there was one more play where I can't remember what happened but Jenkins was lost. Two bad plays really, he couldn't do anything about the pick set by USC's other receiver.
That was Anderson Russel on the Second TD.
If your talking about the first TD Jenkins opted to cover the Slot WR because the Safety was not there. If he goes to help out Freeman then Sanchez throws it to *insert WR name here* for 6.
"BuckeyeKing wrote:
That was Anderson Russel on the Second TD.
If your talking about the first TD Jenkins opted to cover the Slot WR because the Safety was not there. If he goes to help out Freeman then Sanchez throws it to *insert WR name here* for 6.
Yeah, that's the play. Ooo ok, I may have saw it differently. Either way, Jenkins is a really good player and I want him if we don't get Crabtree. :D