1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rex Ryan -vs- Buddy Ryan

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Jun 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    Classlessness is a family tradition in this family tree

Buddy Ryan (proud pop of Rex Ryan)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPK3cDl7Ftw"]YouTube- Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp6rrDWJH00&feature=related"]YouTube- Buddy Ryan Can't Make a #&!@ing First Down[/ame]

Rex Ryan (the Dolphins #1 fan)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO-0NgtMk70&feature=related"]YouTube- Rex Ryan Flip Out During AFC Championship[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_tM3k6_YUU"]YouTube- War Of Words Between Ryan And Crowder[/ame]

.....and last but not least....

http://sportsbybrooks.com/photo-rex-ryans-middle-finger-at-fans-in-miami-27737

Talk is cheap but there is no difference.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3uzidjWhKk&feature=related"]YouTube- What makes Rex Ryan different from Buddy Ryan?[/ame]

What a crock!

How do we hate this guy.....lets us count the ways.

Merauder, Agua, Pagan and 4 others like this.
  2. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    This guy is a giant among scum!

MikeHoncho likes this.
  3. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Some people like him... I think he's an arrogant prick. I think there's a definite line between having fun with your opponent while maintaining a level of respect, and being a cocky, disrespectful jerk. Ryan is on the wrong side of that line, IMO, and I absolutely cannot wait for the day when Jets fans turn on him.

cobrajet likes this.
  4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    No offense, but do we need to constantly talk about Rex Ryan on here? We know he is an arrogant, mouth-running jackass already. Let's worry about him and the Jets when the season starts.

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I personally don't think he's such a bad guy, nowhere near the idiot jerk his father is. Sure he is full of himself, a blowhard, and spotlight craver, but that's still better than his classless father, though Rex pretty much inherited the lack of class from his dad. Mostly I will always enjoy watching him cry after we beat his Jests, worth the price of admission alone.

Tin Indian and gunn34 like this.
  6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Buddy Ryan certainly wouldn't make it in coaching nowadays with the camera's and mics everywhere on the field. It was a different time for him, which allowed him to get away with a lot more than what ended up being his downfall. His problem with coaching football was that for all the magic he could muster with his D, he hated the offensive coaches and players so much so that he ignored them when he was HC. Some seem to think his career as a HC was brought down by his temper and obnoxiousness, but in reality it was because he just didn't take the time to coach or even allow his offensive coaches time to do their thing for the team...

The jury for Rexy is still out. I think, from what we've seen so far, he's far better than his father, overall...although still not as good a D coach as his father was. He uses his gruff personality to 'bully' his opponents and rile his fan base and media up, which he has a lot of being in NY/NJ... got to give him credit for using what he's good at to take the pressure off his players....You don't hear about his players much, you hear about him and what he said to who and his boisterous personality with the media....It's worked so far....but time is the real test of whether he is a fad or a real coach...

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    The epitome of class...

That said, going by the last clip, Rex seems like a cool down-to-earth dude.

8. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010

I think we should plant our seeds early and harvest our fruit at game time. Now is the perfect time to be thinking about Rex Ryan so we can have bragging rights a few months down the road. I hope TS examines the way he thinks, what he does, what he eats and where he sleeps.

"If you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss. If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose. If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself. If you know both yourself and your enemy, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss." The Art of War ..... Sun Tzu, 6th century BCE

Lets examine every tiny angle of their personnel, players, turf, weather, injuries, OTA's, etc...so we will own them. Rex Ryan didn't know Crowder last year, made stupid comments, broke the above rules and paid the price with two key losses last year.

Fortunately, Rex and the Jets are our biggest threat in this division; the Bills are in disarray, the Pats are aging and on their way down the ladder, leaving only the Jets on the rise. This is the perfect time to watch this guy. Lets not be surprised by winter every year.

I always look forward to Rocky Raccoons posts but I have to disagree with this one. It's just a matter of opinion, Rocky, no big deal. See ya on the boards dude

PhinsRock and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    It's funny to me. If he was our head coach, we would all be singing a completely different song about him.

10. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Rex vs. Buddy?

Hmmm...offhand I say Rex has him by about 35 pounds.

11. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Knowing that a team typically takes on and reflects the attitude of its coach the above info is very useful.

The best thing that I can draw from watching Rex is that he seems to lose his football logic along with his temper. This tells me that he won't be any good in clutch situations - and without winning the mental battle in clutch situations there can be no superbowls for the NYJ.

This can also be used against against him if opposing coaches know how to turn it against him. Shula, Walsh, and Gibbs would have given this guy fits of rage. He may win a few games in key situations on the field but he will lose the battle between his ears every day.

This cannot be helped. Old faithful will blow his stack without exception. The trick is how to get him to beat himself and make the player job much easier.

PhinsRock, MikeHoncho and cobrajet like this.
  12. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    That is one of the reasons I put this on the board. We both know who watches the subjects here. This will do a bunch of good. :yes:

13. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    It bugs me when people do this... so, no offense to you, but, if you don't like the thread topic... just use your back button, bro. If people wanna do a daily haiku on how much they hate Rex Ryan, they'll do it.

14. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    EDIT: Nevermind, I don't want to take the thread off course.

Again, much respect to you cobra, you're a good poster and I meant no offense. Same to you LL.

cobrajet likes this.
  15. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Gotta admit, I like this guy. I NEVER liked his father though. I like his swagger. That being said, I am more than happy with our current coaching staff and front office and would not trade any of them with the Jests.

16. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    There's not exactly a ton of News clogging up the Dolphins forum right now... so, I'd personally give it a pass. Once camp starts, this stuff will become secondary business again.

17. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I edited my post. :hi5:

18. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Larry Little likes this.
  19. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010

It's all good bro. Catch ya' on the next thread. I always enjoy hearing your opinion. :knucks:

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  20. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    I think my favorite part in the famous Buddy Ryan "punch" video was that they were beating the Jets 14-0!.