1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revis beat up on by Percy Harvin

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Phinatic19, Oct 11, 2010.

1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I don't think so... not at this point. I think Davis is clearly playing better than Revis. Due in large part to his injury but that is what it is.

2. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Story in the paper today stated that Ryan let Revis make the final call on whether his hamstring was 100% and if he would play. Revis, of course, opted to play. To me, that sounds like he wants to play and live up to his end of the deal.

The story went on to say that Ryan admitted he made a mistake and won't make it again.

3. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Vontae is a stud and deserves a Revis type contract. Pay the man! ;)

4. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I think it was due to his hammy also, but you can never rule out someone's play declining because of a new contract. It happens far too often.

5. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I completely agree with you. The only reason why I think it won't happen to Revis is that the deal he signed is in essence a 2 year deal (he gets all his money up front). It's pretty much a given they will need to do another at that point. He's young enough and has enough of a career ahead of him that he needs to get paid again. For that reason alone, I think he will continue to perform at his best ability. He is basically playing for another contract.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Ssssshhhhhhhhhhh!...

:shifty:

7. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Right? This is a case where Rex's big mouth really hurt the team. He kept yammering on last year how Revis was the best defensive player, blah, blah, blah. So of course Revis hears and reads this and he and his "agents" decide he should be paid like the best defensive player.

I don't know what Vontae Davis is like, but it probably won't be good if the media starts saying he is as good as, or better than Revis. Because I know if I were him and everyone was saying that, my next thought would be, "Well I should be making at least what he is making." Hopefully he isn't a greedy prick like Revis and balances what is best for him with what is also best for his team.

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I would say Vontae has surpassed his brother as a football player.

9. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    His brother is coming off a record tying season for TEs...but Vontae can very well surpass him after this season, since he has been solid out of the gate, unlike Vernon.