1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviewing The Rankings

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GreysonWinfield, Sep 20, 2010.

1. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Frankly they could rate this team 33rd, yeah that's right 33rd in the league. 2-0, both wins on the road, on top of the division, a swarming young D, and holding the key to open the gate to the division over the next 2 weeks. There's plenty of room for improvement and that makes these 2 wins that much better.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    34 1/2th.

3. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    What is this...I don't even...

4. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    You know, as aggrevating as it was following the Dolphins' man handling the Vikings to see and hear nothing but Brett Favre, this...and Brett Favre that, I came to the realization, fine...so be it...let Miami fly under the radar...

Give us no credit
    Give us no props
    Give us no kudos
    Focus all your attention on the other teams

But at the end of the regular season, we'll see who they'll be talking about then

5. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    this 110%

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  6. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    THat's how Dansby and our D felt when Childreness attempted a fourth down on the first drive of the game.

Got em then, got em at the goal line. I like how our team plays when they get no respect.

7. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    To be fair though, Brett Favre has stunk it up for 2 consecutive games, and its very hard to say if this was Miami's D, or Brett Favre's screw up, from the media's perspective.

What does the media have to rely on typically? Trends. We manhandled a Buffalo Offense, and played a game with Favre throwing a gratuitous amount of picks. That's 2 very different teams to come up with a conclusion from.

So what does the media do? They go with past trends. In the last few years, Miami has not been known for an explosive pass defense. However in the last few years, Favre has been known to go into these Interception Floods (2008 specifically), when he's down points in a game.

We can see how special this defense looks, because of the 31 teams, this is where we focus all of our time and energy. The media outlets though look at the grand scheme of things, and I imagine don't get into the same analysis that the fans here do.

My point? No need to get upset over something that doesn't matter. In 2 weeks, after we've stomped a mudhole in the Jets, and walked it dry all over the Patriots, it's going to be hard for the media to say any of those defensive outtings were flukes.