1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retail sales drop 1.2 percent in May

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by finyank13, Jun 11, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
  2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    that someone was me and your same hard numbers suggested it had gone up.

3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    It was you?? unluck should have guessed bro......

anyways again you say that, and I say it is bad.....the economy can only down so much before eventually is has to stabilize and then rise again....which is what is happening here....even though it went up under a % point....remember that is up from what?? the overall state is garbage...to say it went up is putting lipstick on a pig, it still sucks, and now whatever upward swing it had, just got reverse....

I liken it to a kid who came home with a 45 on his test, fails obviously, then 3 weeks later comes home with a 59.....it went up, but did it??

Hey guess you have to start somewhere UL I understand that....I just dont buy into BO's admin saying during an election year, that the economy is doing good.....really?? Around my way its awful....

4. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    You are in a recovering economy. What you are arguing is basically any recovery is not really recovery until we get to where we were before the recession. You don't see that as a bit convenient? It increased and has been increasing and is down this month. If you want to say not good, or we might be going back into a double dip recession fine. But pretending like the previous numbers were just a result of propaganda again is convenient.

5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Gotcha thats why UL I said you have to start somewhere....recovering is fully out of the recession and growing however IMO, doesnt have to be at the top, but out of it at least.....a month or 2 sporadically here and there of growth doesnt mean recovering to me.....that is what is happening here...

for the record this isnt a bash BO, love Bush thing, I disliked Bush as well...I believe BO's policies arent what is good for the economy right now...like most of the nation...

6. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    It signs were actually pretty consistent up till recently that things were turning around. The only thing that hasn't shown great signs is unemployment.
    I'm not ready to call BO's policies bad yet. I'm not so sure they are or have done more damage. I think you need to also keep in mind that the BP spill will/is having an effect right now as well as the going ons in europe.

7. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    That is 100% false. The economy can go as far down as you let it. Deflation would be a real quick way for that to happen.

8. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Just can't nor do I believe anything coming out of Washington. They can't count barrels of oil leaking....off by 1/2 and now they want us to believe the we are on a rebound and this is a temporary set back:no:

The double dip recession is well on its way. We will see millions more foreclosures and a continued drop in the value of houses. Coupled with a continued rise in unemployment and continued slow consumer purchasing.

There are 2 things almost assured and that is the American dollar will continue to strengthen, although not as much as we all would hope, and Obama and Co will shove another stimulus 2 package down out throats to the uproar and dismay of everyone

finyank13 likes this.
  9. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    which is why diesel fuel despite the strengthening of our dollar has remained 40 cents higher then gasoline:up:

10. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    moving 1 step forward and then one step back hardly constitutes growth

11. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta