1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil 6 announced

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    It comes out on November 20th, and hooray for the return of traditional Zombies!

[video=youtube;sS_bGpe9qE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9qE8&feature=g-logo&context=G24c505dFOAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Capcom said after RE5's release that RE6 would be something new. Honestly it feels like they're bringing the gang all back together for one last hurrah before a series reboot.

3. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Things to take from the trailer

- Return to a dark atmosphere, which I believe had a significant impact to RE4's popularity.

- As mentioned above, at least there are some more traditional zombies shown. Although I saw some moving quicker than the original ones, probably more akin to those seen in the REmake.

- Thankfully, we get some actual story progression from RE4 between Leon, the President, and the team he was apart of. I initially was happy that RE5 was using Chris and Jill, until I actually played through that story.....They crapped all over those two, and I really hope they salvage this mess with Leon.

- This open city outbreak could be the best setting for RE in years. RE5 was in Africa, RE4, was in Spain, and Code Veronica was on a secluded military island. We haven't had proper city gameplay in RE for far too long.

All in all, Im happy for the return(or at the least- the homage paid) to the original concepts that made me love this series over the years. I am curious though about any new enhancements to gameplay that do not involve merely adding more quicktime events.

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    IGN says that the blonde haired girl is Sherry Birkin from RE2.

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Crapping all over characters who existed before the current director or project lead got their job is now a thing. Or, just crapping over them for the hell of it. Look at 3rd Birthday or Soul Calibur V.

Phinz420 likes this.
  6. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    I am so ****ing excited. Three days after my birthday.

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    If its as good as RE Revelations Ill be a happy camper.

8. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland

Is that good? Need a 3ds,

9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Graphics are ridiculously good with the 3D on or off, but with the 3D slider cranked all the way up it's great. It also has EXCELLENT replay value because once you beat normal mode there is a "hell mode" which is about 10x harder even though you can import your final equipment from the last game. Oh yea and each weapon has customization slots. Like for example there is an add-on to the handgun that allows you to fire off 2 shots back to back in one trigger pull. Also very much later on (in fact you might get it in hell mode) there is one that allows five. Seems like overkill...five shots, but try playing without it at that point LOL. Some increase your fire rate, gun overall power, ammo capacity and stuff like that and it REALLY allows a level of personalization to the game.

Aside from Campaign mode there is a Raid mode you unlock after you beat the 3rd or 4th part of the story. Basically you can run through missions either by yourself or co-op online. Its really addictive as after you beat the first one, you unlock the next difficulty and then the third. The missions are mainly the same in all difficulties except they get WAY HARDER with each one.

Overall I give it a 9.5 out of 10. The .5 comes off due to a few of the new characters (Jackass and Grinder. Ugh) being hit and miss. Though their part is relatively tiny and it's better upon replay when you're expecting it. Most of the characters are great (new and old) though. I can't say you attach to them, but you have your favorites.

They REALLY stepped up and took the game back to its roots while keeping it modern and fun. I'd definitely say it's a must purchase game if you're into the genre. Also the new thumb-slider joystick thingy on the DS is PERFECT for shooters. Oh also in options it's cool that you can switch between first person and third person shooting. Both are flawless, though I prefer third because I like to have my body as reference.