1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reshad Jones

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Wildcat23, Apr 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R1Ryqw3k5Y&feature=related"]YouTube- Reshad Jones NFL Draft Scouting Video[/ame]

What is your take on Jones? He is a hell of a hitter, but seems sluggish after he makes an interception. I cant find much film on him and was wondering if he could possibly be a mid round selection for us as a FS, though im not so sold on him at FS, seems more SS. Thoughts?

ajaffe9 and Bpk like this.
  2. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I don't think he will have to many problems at FS plus he might not even be there when we pick in the third he is a late second early third round pick IMO

3. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Love Reshad Jones! If we draft him in the 3rd round I will be ecstatic. BTW I don't know how you can look at those highlights and not see his potential as a centerfielder.

Bpk likes this.
  4. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    We'll thats the thing, that highlight reel is relatively short. Sure someone can look amazing in only 3 minutes of film. Which is why I was asking around. The only knack on him I had was he speed after his interceptions, he just looked sluggish.

Does anyone know his 40 time? 4.45 in the opening of the video(not sure if its official)

I love his potential though, looks to have really soft hands.

5. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes highlight reels are extremely misleading but in this case you found an excellent example. Reshad Jones is a big fast safety who can play centerfield as well as make the big hit.

He ran a 4.56 forty at the Combine. :up:

He measured in at 6-1 and 214 lbs. Two year starter at Georgia. I don't believe he will make it out of the 2nd round.

Wildcat23 likes this.
  6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

A good call by big Red a few years back.

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    His tape wasn't wrong though. He's a great hitter who has yet to show he can be a centerfielder.

Bpk likes this.
  8. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I hope we don't draft that guy :shifty:

Bpk likes this.
  9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Who now?

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Dude must of been hungover at the combine, RJ is fast.

11. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    I hated him at Georgia. What do I know!! He's REALLY good.

12. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think Jones has compensated for a lack of agility with better anticipation+the scheme sort of hides that at times.

UCF FINatic likes this.
  13. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Same here. Don't know if I'd use the word hate because in the end 5th round seemed about where he should've gone. But then, he's gotten good enough that you have to say 5th round was inappropriate. Either way, one of those players you learn from.

Boomer likes this.
  14. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Yeah, he seemed to make terrible guesses and either lack instincts or not know his responsibilities at times... I wasn;t a fan of him when we got him, despite the physical hitting ability. I had HOPES, but more doubts than hopes. I can;t recall if Major Wright came out the same year, or the year before/after, but I think that's who I wanted as the 'bargain' safety a few rounds in.