1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report: Visit to Dolphins' HQ widens Taylor-Parcells rift

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by alen1, Apr 30, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3373679

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Parcells gives Taylor the silent treatment

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-6-450/Parcells-gives-Taylor-the-silent-treatment.html

3. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

I like that Parcells gave JT the cold shoulder. Since Jimmy Johnson left, Jason Taylor has acted like he was the one in charge. He walked on Wannstedt, Nick Saban gave him his way, and he totally disrespected Cameron. JT is a player. He is not above any team. He is PART of the team. And he needs to be put in his place. He's put himself above everyone else on the Dolphins team, and Frankly, I'm tired of it. He needs to be knocked down a few notches.

Themole likes this.
  4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    What's a year without some media-concocted soap opera drama with the Phins?

5. ryoung8918

ryoung8918 New Member

Apr 18, 2008
    OC, Calif
    Everyone in the league knows Parcells' reputation. Football first and always, and he expects the same from his players. JT knew it, and still went ahead with Dancing while his teamates were working in the off season program. Is it mandatory? No, but we all know what that means in the NFL.

So, he looks in on Parcells and expects, what? BP to show him some dance steps?

Now BP's response was pretty bush league IMO, but not unexpected. By creating this big rift, BP runs the risk that JT retires and heads to Hollywood. Then you get nothing for him. I think BP thinks he's motivating JT to put up a monster pre-season/early season and then deal him for more than he could have gotten prior to this year's draft. We'll see how it works out.