1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report: Strawberry writes sex and drugs expose

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by NJFINSFAN1, Feb 11, 2009.

1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Next tell all book!

he New York Post reports the one-time baseball prodigy has a book due out in April and that "Straw: Finding My Way" will detail the boozing, skirt-chasing New York Mets of the mid-1980s.

"We were the boys of summer. The drunk, speed-freak, sneaking-a-smoke boys of summer," Strawberry writes. "(An) infamous rolling frat party . . . drinking, drugs, fights, gambling, groupies."

Strawberry says beer "was the foundation of our alcoholic lifestyle. We hauled around more Bud than the Clydesdales. The beer was just to get the party started and maybe take the edge off the speed and coke."

For More

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...-to-serve-up-sex-and-drugs-expose?FSO2&ATT=MA

2. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Man I miss Strawberry. For my money, there probably wasn't a bigger waste of talent in the history of major league baseball. The guy was freakishly good.

At least he was able to spin that into a halfway decent career and a 10 year party...

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

Strawberry and Gooden, the talent was ungodly, and they wasted it.:sad:

4. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    that dude could probably write the definitive TRILOGY of baseball tell all books!

5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

And Eric Davis. When he and Strawberry ended up in L.A., I thought for sure that the Dodgers were going to win like, 5 rings in a row. I demand retribution!

6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    The only good thing the Mets did was send Lenny Dykstra to the Phillies. We loved Nails.

That is too bad about Strawberry and Gooden, especially Gooden. He was the 2nd best pitcher the Met's ever had IMO after Tom Seaver.

7. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I thought Davis career was held back by injuries? I wouldn't say he wasted his talent like Gooden and Strawberry, those guys were coke heads and addicts who threw away their talent, they didn't get injured like Davis did. People forget how great a young, healthy Davis was, he was a monster.