1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report: Singletary Shows His Backside To Niners Players

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, Oct 30, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    UPDATE: Singletary Shows Backside/ Singletary Talks About It

ProFootballTalk.com - Rumor Mill

I didn't have a problem with him chewing out Vernon Davis on T.V. but to show your backside? No one wants to see that.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I guess they werent getting the point

3. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    That's just dumb, if it's true.
    I sure wouldn't want an immature coach like that for our team.
    Wonder how long he'll last as a hc acting like this?

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    It'll be interesting how long he lasts. I think that he's going to get a shot because he's so well respected and knows his football. However, I worry that he could lose his locker room with him going off or doing things like this. That could be his downfall as a HC. I am not sure if he signed a contract to be the HC of the 49ers for the rest of the season or if he signed a new deal to be the permanent coach. If he signed on for the rest of the year, I think Mike Martz could be looked at.

5. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I know he's supposedly talented, but don't you think he may have lost a lot of the guys already for this stunt? How much respect could he possibly be expecting by acting this way?

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    The thing with Singletary is that he wears his emotions on a sleeve and he's willing to go as far as possible to get his point across as we now notice. He's also a perfectionist. He doesn't want any mistakes, he doesn't want any problems and he made that clear after this past weekends game when he said "we've got some cancers in this lockerroom, they won't be here long." I don't think any player has lost respect for Singletary because they know who he is and they know what he's done. When he chewed out one of his players on the sidelines last weekend, some of the players liked it because they felt that Mike Nolan "created that monster in Vernon Davis" and that Nolan tried to "protect him." With Singletary, that isn't the case.

However, one thing I do think is that players are certainly worried with him around. They don't know what he could do next, they may be afraid to have a negative impact on the team and they have to be worried about their jobs. He isn't afraid to make a change as he has already made a QB change, only two quarters into his head coaching debut.

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I have to say, it is one thing to make a point by 'Mooning" the team, it is something all-together different to stay there and "address the team for three or four minutes with his pants around his ankles."

That is a REALLY bad scenario.. and even a worse mental image... :pity:

8. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I want to thank you alen. You're always so informative and nice when you answer a post.
    It's nice to know that a young man like yourself is a member here.
    I admire the tact and kindness you show to others. It's refreshing to me.
    Can I adopt you as my grandson? :wink2:

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thank you mrs. Debby. I appreciate the kind words. Your also a very nice person and I'm glad to talk with you here. :)

cnc66 and dolphindebby like this.
  10. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    That was Boomer Eiasison that said that. I disagree, I thought it was good he sent him to the locker room.

11. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Well this is ... odd. Doesn't make sense for me for a high character guy like Singletary to resort to dropping his pants.

Just seems weird to me.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Sorry NJ, I don't understand. Eiasision said what? I also agree that it was good to send Davis out to the locker room.

13. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Im okay with Singletary sending Davis to the lockerroom during the game, thats a way to make a point. Wasnt so much a fan of him outing him at the PC, but lets face it, everyone knew in a round about way what had already happened anyways... but... to moon your team in the lockeroom at halftime? thats just not right...

14. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    The 3-4 minutes with dropped pants was the ... disturbing thing for me too. Though as bizzare as this story is, it wouldnt shock me if it was more or less made up.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    UPDATE: After PFT reported that Singletary showed his bare behind, Singletary and a 49er spokesman reacted to the report. The following is from ESPN.com.

16. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

at least he didn't deficate on the floor and go "we're playing like ****"

17. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Not long, not at this rate. Mike, get a grip man, seriously you aren't in the shadows any more you are a face of a franchise right now in many ways.

18. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    :lol:

I tell ya what, if he did he'd instantly be my favorite coach ever,

19. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    ppl are making this more than it is. stuff like this should stay in the locker room. some rat (FO or player) leaked this info which is wrong. things that are said in the lockerroom should stay in the locker room. Mike admitted to this and told ppl why he did it. no big deal. they got their assess handled to him. This are grown men who have been taking showers with other males since HS. shouldn't be shocked to see their HC mooning them.

20. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    :sidelol:

oh my god, that actually just made me LOL. Ive only seen one presser from this guy, and i can totally see him doing that. That was great. thanks.

21. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I would want him on the Fins immediately if he did that.:lol:

22. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    well he did play for Ditka.