1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"reply to post" feature not working

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by shula_guy, Jul 16, 2011.

1. I'm not sure if this is the right board to put put this but I think my account needs to be reset or something because several of the site tools do not work for me any longer, including using spell check (and if you saw my grammar without it, you would know how very important that is) and the ability to quote or multi-quote other posts. I can quote posts by manually typing it out but the tool bar tab is not doing what it is suppose to do. Its not the end of the world but help would be greatly appreciated if it can be corrected.

2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I'm assuming you're using Internet Explorer, correct? And spell check via the 'ABC' button?

If you right-click in the message box, does it at least give you have a 'Check Spelling' option?

As for the rest, can you try clearing your browser cache for me?

3. yup I'm using explorer i think I'm up to 8 or 9.

I have cleared my cache this issue has been going on for about a month now but I will clean it out just to make sure.

yes to your question about spell check. What it does is if I click on the (abc) tool tab is nothing but if I right click my mouse I can use spell check that way. Also if I tried to quote you to respond in this post instead of posting your post in a quote it just gets stuck in an endless hourglass loop and never quotes you. I can still post but your quote never appears. At first I thought it was my computer that maybe an update changed something but at this point it looks like it has something to do with how my browser and this site interact. I'm not an I.T. guy so I don't know a lot about this type of stuff but I did a system restore first to try that. then I did a full system sweep and full cleaning (cache n all) but the problem still persists. I was thinking maybe the site went through some updates and perhaps I am just victim to that and that is why I asked for an acct reset. Im not even sure what it does but I know I have problems on other sites in the past and they did that and it fixed the issues.

I am clearing out my cache for you right after I post this. Thank you for your help.

4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    These tools don't work for communists.

5. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    That was a zinger lucy....wow:wink2: