Reggie Torbor coming on in camp: Miami Dolphins talking points

10 replies

SceetoSceetoForum VeteranOP
Aug 14, 2009, 09:30 PM

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/08/14/friday-talking-points-reggie-torbor-coming-on/

1. LB Reggie Torbor is having a solid camp.

getting pressure up the middle on a regular basis that Thursday paid off in a sack of Chad Pennington.

This is good news if he continues to progress. We need some upgrades and depth a the ILB position, IMO. Hopefully Torbor steps it up and can at least provide us with some quality depth for the ability to sub and rotate in order to keep everybody fresh. We saw how when Crowder went out for those games that are run game seriously suffered, so this can only be good news for now. ;) ....though I do not put much stock into a lot of these reports at this time. It'll take some time for things to shake out and become more clear.

3. Vontae Davis has some maturity issues.
Davis not only has fallen behind fellow rookie Sean Smith in the battle for the right cornerback job, but some of his actions on the field have to be raising some red flags with coaches.

This was one of the knocks on him leading up to the draft, but who knows? LIke I said: It's still early.;)

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Aug 14, 2009, 09:45 PM

There was an article in the paper recently discussing Davis' propensity to trash talk. The media and the fans, some here, love that but I saw it as a potential red flag. It seems the coaches may see it as a potential red flag as well.

late againlate againNew Member
Aug 14, 2009, 09:59 PM

That is great news about Torbor. We absolutely need to guy to be solid inside.

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Aug 14, 2009, 10:17 PM

"rafael wrote:

There was an article in the paper recently discussing Davis' propensity to trash talk. The media and the fans, some here, love that but I saw it as a potential red flag. It seems the coaches may see it as a potential red flag as well.

Yeah, I hear ya'. Like I said before and something I'm sure you also heard was that this was the rap on him coming out of college. The thing is; The Trifecta knew about this when they drafted him and it's not like Parcells has had only "goody two shoes" on his teams. I think football skills and toughness and dedication are probably most important to them. He's had some tough personalities to deal with over the years and Sparano and Parcells seem like the kind of guys whom can handle a guy like that.;):D I'm not going to get too worried at this point. Let's see how they handle him.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Aug 14, 2009, 10:28 PM

"rafael wrote:

There was an article in the paper recently discussing Davis' propensity to trash talk. The media and the fans, some here, love that but I saw it as a potential red flag. It seems the coaches may see it as a potential red flag as well.

I wouldn't go negative on Vontae just yet Rafael, it's his first training camp.

And the red flag was poor ST play, he held a gunner and didn't let go then played it off to the ref.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Aug 15, 2009, 01:16 AM

I hope so. I was a huge fan of his having watched him on the Giants. I am glad to hear that he's probably showing the skills I saw in New York. Cant wait to see it live. Couldnt understand how he lost out to Ayedele last year



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

ANAnonymousSupporter
Aug 15, 2009, 02:24 AM

I thought Tony Sparano didn't mind trash talkers. That's what CC said.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Aug 15, 2009, 03:00 AM

"Ashraf wrote:

I thought Tony Sparano didn't mind trash talkers. That's what CC said.

glad u like ur nickname Raffie...

ANAnonymousSupporter
Aug 15, 2009, 04:24 AM

"djphinfan wrote:

glad u like ur nickname Raffie...

Thanks. It fits, you know.

Larry LittleLarry LittleSupporter
Aug 15, 2009, 09:40 AM

"rafael wrote:

There was an article in the paper recently discussing Davis' propensity to trash talk. The media and the fans, some here, love that but I saw it as a potential red flag. It seems the coaches may see it as a potential red flag as well.

Trash-talk has nothing to do with Davis' issues.

The thing you have to remember about critics is that they can't do it themselves. - John Cleese

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Aug 15, 2009, 01:56 PM

apparently, both Crowder & Torbor have improved their training camp
this is what is needed
NT, ISL & ST's have to step up big time for us to win in 2009

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -