1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended Dolphin Reading

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by frozenfin, Jun 15, 2010.

1. frozenfin

frozenfin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I was bored today and started looking around for books about Dolphins players, history, etc. Any recommended reading?

When I was young I had a big colored 'autobiography' of Marino that I still think is cool to this day.

One thing that caught my eye is a book called Shark Among Dolphins which chronicles Jimmy Johnson's first year as head coach in 1996, anyone have feedback to share?

I'm so restless for football I'm actually compelled to read books. Damn, September can't come soon enough.

2. frozenfin

frozenfin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Or how about This Could Be The Year - My 30 Years as a Miami Dolphins Fan?

3. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Excellent read.:up:

A few months ago Armando Salgarao was doing one of his lousy blogs and titled one ''Favorite Dolphin Memories" or something to that effect. I'm convinced he lifted a blurb out of that book about how Izzo made the team and tried to claim the memory as his own. As if he was there in that film session when Johnson made that declaration.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Don Shula wrote a book, so did Bill Arnsparger.

And the last I checked both were under 5 dollars on Amazon.com.

5. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    What I like to do is go to the Dolphins website and click the history of the Dolphins. They normally keep it up to date and you could literally follow the years and the highlights that happen in those years. Check it out :up:

6. whatsburning

whatsburning Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Honoruru
    Still Perfect! The Untold Story of the 1972 Miami Dolphins by Dave Hyde of the Sun-Sentinel. Excellent read... but leaves you wanting more!