1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reason # 1 - why nfl needs a rookie cap on their contracts

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by SICK, Nov 6, 2009.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

got his guaranteed money.....and has ZERO work ethic.....whata sorry excuse of a "professional athlete"

Soundwave and azfinfanmang like this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lol first time ive done something like this.....its in the wrong forum, sorry guys :lol:

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

my # 1 is how is it a rookie gets payed more than a tailgate tested tailgate approved veteran?

4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    When you get older, you gain weight.

Just the way it is.

:shifty:

unifiedtheory, Firesole and SICK like this.
  5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    They could have taken Adrian Peterson, and then in 2008 either traded up for Matt Ryan, or traded down for Flacco. But Al Davis knows what he's doing. Jamarcus and McFadden are the bee's-knees.

SICK and anlgp like this.
  6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    "bees-knees" lmfao gish

7. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    I'm all in favor of a Cap. A team that finishes last in the league needs help not just another big salary. With that said tho, to protect the players and to better promote parity in the NFL there needs to be a Min amount owner can spend as well. This will ensure that the money they save goes to the players that have already proved themselves in the league and help ensure that fans everywhere has a better chance that their team has a chance to be successful.

8. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Who is the guy on the left?

9. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    let's be honest here. this isn't about how much they are getting paid. it's about paying the wrong guys. that falls on the dumbass team that picks them. if you want to take a Qb who sucks balls with the #1 overall pick, instead of the best RB of alltime, that's the teams fault. Pick better players. I don't see anyone complaining about Matt Ryan's salary. Jake Long? Ronnie Brown? Not a problem. They produce. It's the guys that suck that mess everything up. Jamarcus Russel probably makes 10 times as much as Chad Henne. That's just because Raiders are idiots.

10. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Problem is that its a crap shoot drafting players from college and projecting how/if they will make the adjustment to the NFL. In the current system if a team has a few bad years they end up tying the majority of their money in just a couple of players and this leaves them unable to pay the players that have actually proven themselves at the NFL level and that could help their team. so we end up seeing bad teams get worse and worse. The order in which bad teams draft first was supposed to ensure parity in the NFL, and for 'many' years it accomplished just that. We have reached (and passed) the time when having a top pick was beneficial. Now its more of a burden.

Lets also agree (I hope) that its not really the entire draft or even the first round that needs to be adjusted. Its the first 5 or so picks. No kid comming out of college should get 40 Million guaranteed (Much less 100 million dollar contracts) before that have taken a single NFL snap. But they money they make really isn't even my point. My point lies closer to preserving the quality of the NFL 'league wide', as well as ensuring that the players that do deserve big contracts can still get them.

Under the current system its next to impossible to trade a top 5 pick. The money that these players demand and cap space that is required to sign them is ridicules and makes it next to impossible.

11. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    should be a cap on the top 5 salaries for obvious reasons outlined above

12. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yep, great great post right here.
    I just think its funny the Raiduhs happened to have picked two of the most prolific busts of this decade :up:

LandShark13 likes this.
  13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Jamarcus and Huff? or Derrick Gibson?

14. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Huff.....throw in Robert Gallary and you have 4 top 8 pick BUSTS in the last decade.

Gibson was indeed pick 28 I think. So cant count him in with Russell, McFattone, Gallary and Huff. But those four are pretty interesting list of all time busts IMO....and all to the same club within 8 years.

15. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Gallery is pretty darn good though. And I still think it is a little early to write of McFadden.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i dont care if hes a dolphin or not......jake long was the highest paid lineman in the league....before he played one snap. thats bull****. there has to be a stop to it.....

LandShark13 likes this.
  17. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Gallary has been a serious Underachiever.

He is a GOOD lineman, not the All-World saviour he was touted as coming into the NFL..of course that's not his fault.

As for McFattone. His MO is EXACTLY as I predicted it would be.
    In College he never really got hit much, and when he did, he went down.
    Most of his body weight is above his Waist, and that's never good for a Runningback. He has already been hurt most of the 2 years he has been in the league (I predicted that) and even when healthy, is still the 3rd best RB on that team.
    He was the #4 pick overall.....never ever good when a #4 overall is your 3rd best back...or never healthy.
    I stand by my prediction going into his draft. Four years in the league...and then done. :yes:

LandShark13 likes this.
  18. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Not to mention it would end these bull**** holdouts. It doesnt need to be a Crabtree length holdout to hurt your chances going into a season.

Cut some of these ******* agents out and get these kids into camp and up to speed as fast as possible.

19. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I agree completely.. Ronnie Brown should not got the amount he did... BTW, AP is not the best Running back of all time