1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Rooting Hard for Michael Vick and the Eagles

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by PS17, Nov 17, 2010.

1. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    I love this story more than any other one right now in the league and I'm sure I'm not alone. Michael Vick committed a horrible crime, went to prison for more than a year, actually got rehabilitated, and has come back a new man. And to me, you gotta love that. He made his mistake and has paid his debt to society, unlike some others in the league who shall remain nameless. You see that he's mature and changed in interviews. The guy actually admitted that he wasn't going to stop fighting dogs unless he went to prison. Going to jail was the best thing to ever happen to Michael Vick.

The next best thing to ever happen to him might have been signing with Andy Reid and the Eagles. Vick for the first time in his career is being legitimately coached up on how to be a quarterback in the NFL. He never got anything like this in Atlanta -- now he actually thinks pass first and is a pocket quarterback. Reid is an offensive genius to me. Truly impressive job he's done in Philly, not to mention the really good skill players he's drafted in recent years on the offensive side.

What can I say? I love a comeback story like this. I also love watching epically talented football players reaching their potential. It was a treat to watch Vick's performance against Washington on Monday night, and it will continue to be a treat for the rest of this season as long as he's on the field

Michael Vick is the MVP of the National Football League. Go Eagles.

ToddsPhins and Anonymous like this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Agree with everything.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Hi, I'm Big Ben Roethlisberger, and I frown upon this thread.

4. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    screw Philly

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't know that I would say Vick is a new man, but I would say he's a new QB.

6. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    He's still a thug. He did his time but he is not a "new man", it's a facade.

7. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I'm not real sure I can feel good about the story, I mean right now he's great and rehabilitated after a year and some change because he's playing good football? I have to give the guy years and really he should be doing something beyond playing football for anyone to be saying he's changed or rehabbed himself. The guy was murdering animals, he's had big games before so I'm not all that giddy about it personally. I wish him well, I hope he's a changed person but honestly I can't see how anyone in the media or outside of it can sit here this soon after he stopped murdering animals for fun and say its a feel good story.

8. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    When the media describes Vick’s comeback as a feel good story, they mean they feel good about it. Remember, a huge amount of hype and hot air was invested in Vick during his time with the Falcons: he would “revolutionize the quarterback position” and, more importantly, he would be a successful black quarterback. Donovan McNabb and Vince Young are treated with kid gloves in the sports media for the same reason. David Garrard would also be subject to this phenomenon if anyone in the media cared about Jacksonville.

So now that Vick is back and actually playing like an elite quarterback, the sports media can’t help themselves. They HAVE to be all over him in order to not look like idiots for giving him a pass during his Falcons days. Every time a talking head or full-of-himself sports writer fawns over Vick, what they’re really saying is “See, I was right about Vick six years ago. Please keep listening to what I have to say. I really like my cushy, one-day-per-week, six-figure salary job.”