1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

read the rules and still lost

Discussion in '2014 GM League Forum' started by shula_guy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. This is my first time playing and I am kind of lost. Any help will be appreciated

1. Where do I find my teams cap space?
    2. How does the money work if I fire a coach?
    3. How are we judged in the end?

Those are my 3 biggest questions I am sure I will probably have more but atm I don't even know how much money I got or who is or is not under contract etc...

2. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    1) http://overthecap.com/
    It will be officially posted by Paul with the roster in a bit cause some contracts have clauses for right after the Superbowl so it takes a bit to work out. Most guys are just guessing and playing it by that site for now.
    2) I skip the coach stuff so I'll let Paul answer
    3) It's votes by every GM in the league in a variety of categories from rookie of the year to best offense, best defense, best draft, best FA etc.

Resources:
    http://overthecap.com/ <---can't stress enough
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings
    etc

And feel free to ask questions in the general thread. I probably asked like 40 myself last year ;p

Paul 13 and shula_guy like this.
  3. Thank you so much

4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I believe Van already answered 1 and 3 (Thanks Van, you'll be assistant commish shortly :shifty:) as for #2... this is from the coaching rules thread (see below) and it should answer most of your questions, but if you still have further ones, let me know. In general, we're here to answer your questions, just fire away. :yes:

5. I guess what I am confused about is where the money comes from. Is it deducted from your cap space?

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Nope. It's an allotted amount for us all.

Paul 13 and shula_guy like this.
  7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    correct... completely separate from your team's cap for players. the coaching salary structure is just for bidding purposes only. Obviously some coaches make more or less than the amounts listed :wink2:

shula_guy likes this.
  8. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Its just another cap outside your salary cap for player transactions.

9. New Question:

If there is a player on my roster that is about to become a FA can I sign him before that happens and avoid getting into a bidding war or is franchising him the only way that can be done?

10. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    A new wrinkle this year is "Winter Meeting 3" where we will have the option of potentially keeping one of our own Free Agents. The only other option is the franchise tag. So we can potentially keep up to 2 of our own Free Agents. Paul does a pretty good job of explaining it here:

shula_guy and Paul 13 like this.
  11. I really like how you guys handle the resign. I am getting more and more addicted as I learn how this game is played :yes:

sports24/7 and Paul 13 like this.
  12. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    It is very addicting, wait until the trading gets in full swing and then free agency. I am usually glued to this forum for the next 3 months

sports24/7 and Paul 13 like this.
  13. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Don't be so hard on yourself. We haven't even gotten started and Fin-O has already lost too.

Skeet84 likes this.