Re-Poll After Carolina: Should Ryan Tannehill Start the Regular Season?

172 replies

BpkBpkLuxury BoxOP
Aug 18, 2012, 09:52 PM

Credit to Shou for the original thread. The sequel is due.

How do you feel after watching Tannehill and the team in Carolina?

Aug 18, 2012, 09:55 PM

Yes.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

ANAnonymousSupporter
Aug 18, 2012, 09:55 PM

Maybe.

Tar PhinTar PhinSupporter
Aug 18, 2012, 09:56 PM

Yep.

Ray LucasRay LucasNew Member
Aug 18, 2012, 09:57 PM

No question.

1. DE- Ezekiel Ansah (Bjoern Werner if he's gone)
2a. CB- Desmond Trufont
2b. OT- Terron Armstead
3a. WR- Stedmon Bailey
3b. CB- Tyrann Mathieu
4. DE- Sam Montgomery
5. OG- Brian Winters
6. K- Dustin Hopkins

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Aug 18, 2012, 09:59 PM

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 18, 2012, 10:01 PM

I feel very positive. He faced tough circumstances and situations , wasn't rattled at all , led a strong td march , made some big 3rd down conversions , and made line changes , aligned players . Showed me a lot , IMO this team isn't arguably better in the win/loss column with any other QB option they have , and the playing time and learning experience will only benefit him and the team.

Not saying this would be the result , but if this team is a 5/6 win team with 17 starting , they are no more than a game or two at best better than that with one of the other options. That to me doesn't warrant him not getting the starts and being the guy.

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 18, 2012, 10:18 PM

I said "No" due to the state of the OLine and WRs, not Tannehill. I was impressed with Tannehill. So much, in fact, that I'm feeling more protective of him than our offensive line is.

LBLBsFinestNew Member
Aug 18, 2012, 10:22 PM

HE is ready. the rest of offense on the other hand....

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Aug 18, 2012, 10:23 PM

Yes.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Aug 18, 2012, 10:29 PM

I say yes, but with a little reservation after seeing how bad the right side of our line and our receivers are. I don't want that to kill his confidence, but ultimately I think is probably good enough and strong minded enough to make it work and get through those issues.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 18, 2012, 11:06 PM

No.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

shourightshourightNew Member
Aug 19, 2012, 12:01 AM

The happy medium:

You carefully script two series for him per game, and then insert him as the starter when the team is out of playoff contention, which shouldn't take long.

At that point you don't let the score dictate the plays you call, and you remain balanced on offense so he can develop appropriately, rather than trying to have him bring you back from large deficits by passing a ton.

OphineratedOphineratedForum Veteran
Aug 19, 2012, 12:14 AM

As of now, yes. We will need another poll after the third preseason game if he's the starter in it. If he executes, a game plan as well as he has been playing in adverse situations, then we are in for a treat within the next couple of years.

Two TacosTwo TacosSupporter
Aug 19, 2012, 12:14 AM

Yes.

________________________________________

"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."

--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--

MexphinMexphinForum Veteran
Aug 19, 2012, 05:12 AM

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
Aug 19, 2012, 07:46 AM

Yes. He isn't John Beck.

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Aug 19, 2012, 07:50 AM

I think that most of fans feel that he's the guy of our future and that in reality he should spend some time learning the nuances of the game at this level, given his inexperience. The problem is that because of our decade of QB mediocrity (and worse for much of that time), we all want the future to be now...The result of this poll is simple...

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Aug 19, 2012, 08:44 AM

I think he wins by default,Garrard has been unable to play and Moore has not played well.Is he ready?I guess he has to be,hope he improves with each game under his belt.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Aug 19, 2012, 09:00 AM

Yup, while he may not have had the most perfect game, he was still far and away better than Matt Moore.

One other thing I know in my mind for sure, is that I'd be doing everything I can as well to keep Pat Devlin on this roster somehow.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Aug 19, 2012, 09:13 AM

Hmm...81%

Yet it was barely 2 weeks ago I was shat on pretty good for saying he should start....

Aug 19, 2012, 09:58 AM

Ideally we would have Moore starting the season and playing well, as trade bait. There's no rush with RT. If Moore plays well with this offense, and another teams QB goes down...... we could possibly get a 4th or even better for him, or maybe a WR. RT could still get 10-12 starts in that scenario.

But if they really believe Tannehill is the better QB right now, then he has to start Game 1. I don't care how inexperienced he is.

CJCJTakozNew Member
Aug 19, 2012, 10:37 AM

The sooner Tannehill starts, the sooner he can adapt to the speed of the game and get tons of real experience reading complex defenses.

Some QB's don't look ready as rookies (see: Gabbert, Blaine), but RT looks ready to hold his own and compete in NFL games.

JMHPhinJMHPhinSupporter
Aug 19, 2012, 10:43 AM

yes

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
Theodore Roosevelt

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Aug 19, 2012, 11:41 AM

Garrad wont be ready week 1 and this offense isnt for Matt Moore.

He's the guy.

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.