1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RB Platoon looks about set. Remaining Areas of Interest?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    I say complete the Orton trade, sign Leonard Davis and spend the remaining sheckles on a DB. Call it an offseason.

I don't see the Olsen thing happening.

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Would take a look at Kevin Smith for sure, put him head to head with Hilliard and may the best role player win.

3. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

A rookie, a guy who can't run, and Lex Hilliard.

Super Bowl all years.

4. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Well with the Patriots adding Haynesworth I'd like Miami to go after one of the top Guards out there.

5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

OL help/depth (especially inside). Safety, and complete the Orton deal.

6. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Only change I'd make there is instead of a safety, a MLB to replace or push Crowder. If a safety is out there and doesn't break the bank... fine. The interior OL needs some work - a 3 star or better guard would be great. A 4 star would make me tingle all over. (Don't go there!)

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I'd rather have Justin Blalock than Leonard Davis. IMO, Davis at this point is only a RG, which is where he has always played for Dallas. Even going back to Az, he never played LG. It was RT, RG and LT. Blalock is also very durable, a lot younger, and has experience as a good LG. I'd take Davis as a cheaper fall back option, but Blalock is the better choice for us IMO.

Trowa likes this.
  8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    You're the only person I've heard say Super Bowl after the Bush signing.

9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO a seam TE and a G are the only remaining offensive holes. That's not to say that the players we have can't be upgraded or even that they're all the right players, just that all the offensive areas would be addressed. On defense, I would say OLB and FS.

10. atomdomb

atomdomb Banned

Mar 23, 2010
    Hello voice of reason, how are you? Look at the top ten backs for last year and then check their rookie years. Don't count on the rookie to get to many carries and if he is the premier back then I think that is a very bad place to be heading into the preseason. Unless you think he is next c johnson or a peterson. :no:

11. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere where you are tingling. :shifty:

12. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    What do ya think ?

Ronnie or another impact RB have to be in the picture.

I find it hard to believe after installing a major ground game approach that we'd gamble on one unknown rookie (Thomas) who's never played a down in the NFL.

Signing Bush though giving another needed dimension, doesn't fill the need for another solid RB who can help Thomas carry the load....Especially since the Org. wants a power running offense
    And Hilliard and company are backups at best........
    We still need Ronnie..........or equivalent.......