1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ravens Vs Lions Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Alex44, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Champs not going to go out easily, we are going to have win straight out, we can't count on them losing any games.

GreysonWinfield likes this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    No, he is an example of how one great player at any position can't win on his own. QB is the closest thing to it.

I'm sorry but you can pick a lot of great players on crap teams and say its proof of something. It isn't.

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It might. Big Ben has gotten much better with his new OC and some of their problems are similar.

4. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    What? I'm sorry but what you just said there seems to completely contradict what you said in the other thread about Football Outsiders.

You were arguing in that thread that Miami needs these so called "difference makers" to take the next step, and now you're here talking about how little Calvin Johnson impacts the game, is he not a "difference maker" by your standards? You are completely shooting yourself in the foot.

What wins games is good coaching, a good QB, and solid starters across the team and that is what Philbin is aiming for and that's the identity that this team is slowly but surely taking.

jdang307 and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  5. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Stafford sucks!

6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    nfl.com quote re: stafford: "However, his progress has stalled like a Ford Pinto in the snow."

ouch! True though. The way he played last night was not the image i had in my head of Stafford. Again, one thing about Tanny, he never has these completely horrible games we see out of some QBs

7. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    BTW Reggie Bush had some nice runs last night but he certainly wasn't a game changer. He's also been injured multiple times this year. Do you think Bush would have come back a week after suffering a knee injury like Daniel Thomas did?

8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Right. At worst Ryan has a few passes not go where he wants, misses a read on a great defensive play, gets hit while he throws etc.

Stafford for example throws low percentage passes on third and short twenty yards down the field. Then throws sidearm off his back foot with minimal pressure.

Stafford is an NFL talent with a college mind set.

9. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Yup. If I'm Denver, New England, KC, Indy, us...I'd MUCH rather play Cincy in the postseason. Ravens hosting a game at M&T on wildcard weekend is a really tough W for the away team.

This Ravens team is very Giants-like: the streaky QB who can get crazy hot attacking downfield, the veteran pass-rushers in Suggs and Doom, big-play WRs who can swing the game in a second, corners who can get in your face and erase mismatches. They have the chance to sneak into the playoffs like the 2007 and 2011 Giants did.

Baltimore has had the Pats number for a couple years now, but I think the other AFC teams will be quietly pulling for New England to knock Baltimore out of the picture on Sunday.