1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ravens OL Problems

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Oct 16, 2008.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Cecil Whig - Elkton, MD > Sports > With Yanda out, Ravens dig deep for a backup

From the article:

"With starting right guard Marshal Yanda out for the season, the Ravens have three candidates to fill the void Sunday in Miami: a converted tight end, an untested rookie and a tackle who never played the position except in a video game.

Yanda tore three ligaments in his right knee during the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Colts and was placed on injured reserve Tuesday. He started 12 games as a rookie last year and all five this season, so his absence leaves a huge hole on a unit in charge of protecting first-year quarterback Joe Flacco."

Lets run as many interior blitzes and stunts to confuse the heck out of whoever plays right guard for the Ravens. Flacco is a rookie. He can be rattled!

Xeticus and HULKFish like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Hopefully Langford and Ferg will put pressure on that side and leave the LBers to drop into coverage.

3. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I would rather see plenty of blitz packages to make Flacco throw some errant passes even though we don't seem to have anyone in the secondary who can catch one. If they turn Porter loose maybe he can get a couple more sacks.

4. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    take it easy on us. you don't want to knock Flacco out of the game, only to have Smith come in like Tom Brady making you guys the second AFC East team to knock out a QB out of game and begin the new chapter of another legendary QB. jk :P

5. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Pressure one the QB is the key to this game. I think we will get to him a lot too!

6. Loyal Fin

Loyal Fin Business as usual

Mar 22, 2008
    South Florida
  7. rayvenfan_52

rayvenfan_52 New Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Its true itll be easier for Pennington to pick off our secondary. Where our secondary is weak our front 7 is the best. Our team will make your gameplan 1 dimensional if you ask me.

Passing only. If you guys somehow manage to get the running game going itll be a bigger + for you guys. I highly doubt it on that one. Its just something teams cant do against the Ravens. which is run.

If our defense pressures your team to start scoring and scoring fast itll go our way. Whichll hopefully mean your team will abandon your wild cat formation and force Pennington to start making plays happen.

If you guys manage to stop our running game itll be over for our offense.

The key to this game is STs for both our sides. Whoever gets the best field position will win with more FGs.. lol

cnc66 and CrunchTime like this.
  8. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    I agree with this 100%, welcome aboard Rayvenfan_52

9. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Welcome bro, I am glad you joined us, it is nice to see other fans come talk football with us. I agree you will try to make us one dimensional, and will probably succeed. We have some youth on our lines so this will be a good contest for them.

Your front seven are fierce and hard to fool or move, and even tho we will get you a couple times, I don't foresee many 12 play drives. I think the physical nature of your running attack will be a gut check for our defense. We MUST get you off the field and control the time of possesion or they will get worn out.

It cost us last week with long drives in the first half. It slowed down the rush in the second half. I think it will be smashmouth like your Tennessee game and I look forward to it.

10. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado

I love that word:up:

cnc66 likes this.