1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranking the Rookies: How do they fit into the Miami Dolphins’ plans for 2012?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, May 8, 2012.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...y-fit-into-the-miami-dolphins-plans-for-2012/

dolfan7171, bran and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Vernon had issues staying on the field. When he was on the field he looked like a first round pick most of the time in my opinion. His pass rush moves are a bit raw but they exist and he has plenty of athleticism to improve them with the proper coaching. For some reason he reminds me of a more physical Jason Taylor.

Edit: Not in the way they are built, but how they play. I think everyone is going to be surprised by how well he plays the run. In his career he had 20.5 tackles for a loss in 30 games played. If that stat counts sacks (website is unclear) that makes it 13 tackles for a loss. Including sacks in each category 20.5 out of 81 tackles came behind the LOS. So 1/4. Discounting sacks that is 13 out of 73.5 TFL.

dolfan7171, djphinfan and Sceeto like this.
  3. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I won't be surprised on he plays the run , or I don't think I will be . I took notice of him because he made all kinds of plays around the LOS . Love this pick.

Sceeto likes this.