1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Randy Moss to Vikings?

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Tpaddle, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Tpaddle

Tpaddle Active Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Wow....

"Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Vikings are "very close" to acquiring Randy Moss from the Patriots.
    How's that for a shocker? Per CSN New England's Tom Curran, the Pats' compensation is "rumored" to be a third-rounder. The deal can't be finalized until the Vikings work out a new contract for Moss, which Glazer says the sides are currently addressing. Brett Favre has long pined for deep threat Moss as a teammate. It looks like he may get his wish, putting to rest speculation that he could walk away later this season if the Vikes don't turn it around."

"According to the Boston Herald, Randy Moss asked his agent to phone Patriots coach Bill Belichick with a trade request after the first game of the season.
    It's not particularly surprising considering Moss' behavior at that post-game press conference where he said he felt like he'd been "smacked in the face" by the Pats' failure to offer an extension. Profootballtalk.com is disputing Jay Glazer's report that the Vikings are already working toward a new contract. This blockbuster still seems likely to happen, but it's on hold for the moment." per Rotoworld & Twitter

2. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Works for me but what does NE get out of the deal? 15 1st rd picks for the next million years?

3. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Hmmm...a day after he was targeted only twice (I think?) last night.

wowzers, though.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    wow id love this!!!!!!! for the dolphins thats huge.....patriots have missed on their draft picks before....so i like it

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    please let this happen before the jet game!!!!

6. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Minny is like "Screw Vincent Jackson, we want Moss back!"

7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    so we wont see Moss get owned by Vontae again?

8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    enless the vikings make it to the superbowl :hi5:

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  9. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    The arrogance of NE, they think they can just win games with their special teams now...

who needs Moss they got Patrick Chung.

Please trade Moss because that will all but guaruntee a 3-1 team OUT of the playoffs.

SICK likes this.
  10. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Unless the Patriots get a receiver in return.

Percy Harvin and Brett Favre aren’t connecting very well, plus the Vikings are frustrated with Harvin’s migraines. Also, the Patriots LOVE acquiring former Gators. Alternatively, Sidney Rice is just lingering on the PUP list, and his potential means the Vikings can package a lower round pick in the deal.

These are realistic possibilities.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  11. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    If Moss is traded, the Jets will run away with the division. I WISH they trade him.

12. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    The biggest competition in the division for the Jets are the Dolphins. NE didn't scare me *with* Moss.

13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    dude the Pats arent going without a good receiver in a pass happy league, where this team has been the main beneficary of it all...them and NO are the passing teams in a passing league.....expect a good receiver coming back to NE.....not from the Minny....but you see the ammo they have?? they can pull off any trade they want.....they have so many GOOD picks, your boy Revis will be coming to NE if BB so chooses...believe that...Bellichick is thr master of the flip game....best ever..

14. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Jay_Glazer

If this trade goes down this week, it may make moss only player in nfl to play 17 games as he'll miss both teams' bye weeks.

15. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Watch them ask for Camarillo as the Pats love overachieving white skill position players

Desides likes this.
  16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Fml