1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ran in to a coach of Devante Parker in Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    So I'm at Lids in Doral (apparel store) buying several Dolphin hats, when I start talking to the clerk.. Out of curiosity, I ask him if the Dolphins gear outsells everything else and am quickly disappointed to find out that the stinking Yankees outsell the Dolphins, in Miami, by a 2 to 1 margin.

As I discuss my disdain for Florida sports fans with the clerk, someone looking at hats to the side of me says, "Are you a Dolphins fan?". I reply back that I'm a fan for life, even if we finish 1-15 for the next decade. He proceeds to tell me that he is a lifelong Cowboy fan but is starting to root for the Phins because of Parker, who he coached in high school. He was an assistant coach.
    Some quick highlights:

Highest character around. Comes from a solid A+ family and has good core values. His exact words were, this kid is going to be an example of how a football player should act both on and off the field.

Also said he will win every fight for the ball.. Said he has Dez like strength when going up for the ball.

I know this is common knowledge but it was interesting to hear from someone that worked with him directly. So excited about this kid. Parker and Landry.... DROOOL

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    We have a sick set of Weapons. Cant wait to see them in action with our boy RT

3. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    just read that Parker will start camp on the PUP, still on track to play week 1

SICK likes this.
  4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That's what I'm hoping to see. When I reviewed his college film I didn't see that strength. I thought he beat up on bad or smaller DBs, but when he went up against the probable NFL guys they stayed with him and battled effectively. Here's hoping his coach is right.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  5. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I am really not too worried about him starting on the PUP list. He needs to be healthy for the long haul. I do hope he is back before week 1 though so they have a little chemistry going into the season.
    Even if the worst happens and he misses a game or two (don't see that happening, but you just never know) I think he is talented enough to get on page with Thill quickly though. Sounds like they had a little going on in OTA's.

6. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    he went to HS in kentucky, what's his old coach doing in doral? He retire?

7. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I thought I'd heard he did some off the Dolphins facility work with RT? That would help going forward.

Oh BTW...I've noticed reports Wallace is doing extra-curricular work with Bridgewater..........

Fin4Ever likes this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Parker was recruited to play basketball by calipari.

I hope to see him practice and make an appearance in the 3rd or 4th game preseason game.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  9. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I like Parker the person and he seems talented. I worry about his injury history. WR's kinda need their feet.

10. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    What does that matter? Maybe the dude was on vacation...Why does it matter?

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Our set of weapons are fat and will take a new shady job with someone they met on a message board?

Fin4Ever likes this.