1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quinn's future tied to..Jake Delhomme?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by padre31, Mar 12, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    In the "I cannot make this stuff up" File:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Now I've not been a fan of B Quinn, not really, he reminds me alot of ex Bears/Steelers Qb Mike Tomczak, but if he is shuffled out of Cleveland for Jake Delhomme for pete's sakes then the Dolphins were lucky to snag Ted Ginn..

Quinn will never have the accuracy that Holmgren's offense requires, he is more of a Grinder than a WCO Qb he could fit in a place like Carolina, maybe SF, but still he would only garner maybe a conditional 4th rd pick.

gafinfan and Fin-Omenal like this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Cue the 5000 geniuses who wanted Patrick Willis. :shifty:

PhiNomina likes this.
  3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    browns blew the pick
    you move back into #22
    they got owned
    quinn has no value
    :lol:

4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm, I think he does, objectively, Quinn would be a good #2 Qb to develop, he has played on some dreadful Browns teams, and has rarely played, a team like Carolina could use him with M Moore as the Qb.

AZ as well.

5. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    you think brady quinn can play pod?
    ND QB's usually arent real good.
    i think he has no value
    think they have any luck moving him?

6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yeah, Quinn can play a bit, he will never be a 65% completion rate passer, but he could couple a decent arm with toughness and athleticism and carve out a role for himself in the NFL, same as Tomczak.

And they can move him, young Qb's are the crack of the NFL, GM's go stupid when they have a shot at acquiring one.

gafinfan likes this.
  7. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

While you might be right but he reminds me of another Rex Grossman type and in this pass happy league he is what he is. Lordy padre, my home boy John Beck has as good or a better chance to make it in this league, if given a chance imvho.

8. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Why on earth would anyone want Delhomme to start? Is the goal to be picking in the top 5 for sure next offseason for Cleveland? If so Jake is the man. I'd rather have the guy they cut this week starting for my team than Delhomme. Delhomme is a turnover machine, that is exactly what you don't want with a young team. I'd rather have a guy that throws a lower percentage but doesn't turn the ball over much than Delhomme.

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Beck is on clipboard duty for a long tme Ga, Flacco is not going anywhere.

I watched the Brownies last yr after Roth was signed, and the one thing in Quinn's favor is...he didn't lack composure, he would throw up some ducks, and the Oline was a Sieve, but Quinn did keep his head up and looked downfield for a receiver.

He's a good competitor with a decent arm, heck a place NOLA were he could learn the art of the Qb would be a great help to him and give the Saints a #2 with some upside and eventual trade value.

10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    you wear ripped jeans

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

When I was a kid I always wanted to be Axel Rose...actually I still kinda do.:sad:

12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    eh....you could have wanted to be worse. i wanted to be the guy from "C & C Music factory"

*shoots self in neck*

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  13. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Man, first Carolina cuts Delhomme, and he walks away with what...$12 mil? And, that's on top of whatever he got as a signing bonus when they extended him last year. Now, Cleveland comes calling offering him what...$30 mil? And, a chance to start? OMG...he's Jake freakin' Del-homie. A 35 year-old back up caliber QB. UFB.

14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He more than likely will have a shot at starting, meaning Quinn may be leaving the Brownies .

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'd thought the Saints would be a good landing spot for Quinn, Peyton is the current Qb Guru, Quinn does have tools as Mort mentions, the problem is the Saints offense requires great accuracy and the Qb and Wr being on the same page and making the same reads, two things Quinn has not been known for in Cleveland.

16. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

As long as he stays FAR away from Miami Im more than happy.:up:

17. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
  18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Wow...for Delhomme? Are the Browns angling for the #1 overall pick in 2011?

19. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I have watched every Browns game since that draft and Quinn's problem is he NEVER goes downfield. Ever. He makes Chad Pennington look like Rex Grossman.

Yes, the Browns have been bad, but that doesn't mean every throw had to be in the flats to a back. He had no guts to go downfield and let his WR make a play.

If you aren't going to have accuracy, you need to be a gun slinger and take some chances. Lack of accuracy and only throwing short routes won't get your very far.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  20. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, I'm far from a Quinn defender, the truth be told both he and Anderson were the league's worst in YPA, whether that is a product of the offensive Coordinator, or Mangini's reticence to turn either one loose, but 5.1 and 5.2 ypa just won't get it done, that is the worst in the NFL by far.

What boggles me is Jake Delhomme is...washed up..seriously the Panthers are my local team and Delhomme has never been the same since he had 5 turnovers in a playoff loss to the Cardinals.

So why are the Browns and new VP Holmgren paying him 7 million to play this year?

:dunno:

And relatively speaking, Chad Pennington at 2.5 million looks like a real bargain.

21. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Great observation PhiNomina. I haven't seen as many Browns games (with Quinn playing QB) as you have, but in the games I did see he played exactly as you said. Throwing shorter/safer routes almost exclusively.