Quick Thoughts On Phins DOmination of Pats
148 replies
Game JUST ended
- exultant. wow. what a ride.
- 1st half and 2nd half like two different games
- is Cam Wake the best or what?
- Will Davis really showing up with good skills at the end. this is a second year mid round pick. Good stuff.
- Moreno looks AMAZING and his heart ignited the team.
- even WALLACE lowered a shoulder on a defender late in the game!
- Is there any way our starting LBs could stay injured? McCain with a sack. Jenkins covered Gronk very well. Trusnik directing traffic. Not sure I want the starters back.
- Jimmy Wilson, well done. I thought you'd be badly victimized today but you did a good job.
- how about a big round of applause for the job this Oline did!!!! Like NIGHT and DAY compared to last year!
- while we are at it, how about an ovation for Bill Lazor. This offense looks great
- Ryan, you'll have to do better... but 33 points with your QB having an off night is scary. Just how much potential does this offense have on a GOOD night??
- That's two in a row vs the Pats.
- THAT'S how you start a season.
**** YEAH!!!!!
Yes, stay with the same defensive unit. The scary thing is WE kept the pasties in this game.
How about a hand for Hickey?
Tannehill scares me though... Looks scared with all that time to throw. Cant make a read to save his life.
That Tannehill first half is very concerning. He was much better in the second half and got hurt by a bunch of drops, but jeez was he awful in the first. Wallace too was poor in the first and much better in the second.
They need to get their **** together.
Very encouraging though that the team still put 33 points despite all that on a much touted improved Patriots defense.
"BayAreaFinFan wrote:
Yes, stay with the same defensive unit. The scary thing is WE kept the pasties in this game.
I don't think anybody ever take the patriots out of the game. It was so hard for me following the game day thread I wanted to post so bad but I kept my negative comments to myself. Having the feeling we're gonna let this one slip away at the end but I have to say I was surprised at us being able to have a defense that held on when it mattered.
we made a lot if bad plays and probably left 10 to 14 points on the table. Great job winning at home hope Noshaun can stay healthy love the offense of line play.
Overall great effort today halftime adjustments were awesome but Ryan Tannahill and Mike Wallace need to figure things out ASAP
what an effort to put up 33 points with your starting QB going through the motions, kudos to the oline....what a turnaround..give them a game ball
"BayAreaFinFan wrote:
Yes, stay with the same defensive unit. The scary thing is WE kept the pasties in this game.
You're absolutely right. Three bad turnovers in the first half. Inside the 10 and have to settle for FGs. TD called by on a holding penalty.
And still win by 13 vs the Pats!
Once we get our crap together we could be pretty good :up:
RT with an 80 passer rating...Brady with a 70.
Just a quick nugget.
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
Kudos to Lazor for running the ball down the Pats throats in the second half. That defense was gassed. I was worried in the first half that Miami would lose the TOP battle, but that wasn't the case. Congrats to Moreno and the O-line making it happen.
Yay!!!!
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
The running game and the O line was a huge factor,they kicked azz .
Only negative...the Jets won! They beat Oakland by 5 points at home and they talk about them challenging for the division on NFLN...
Please, I'm not even talking about Miami challenging for the division yet. Talk to me in late October and see where the division stands before New England sweats.
But....DOLPHINS VS BILLS for 1st place in the division next week. Welcome back 1990s, for one week only (unless both teams really are improved)
1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team
K I K O
"PhinFan1968 wrote:
RT with an 80 passer rating...Brady with a 70.
Just a quick nugget.
17 had some poor plays to be sure , but let's not forget the Wallace non TD catch , the fumble and the drop for the first down , the sure TD to Sims on a great ball , the drop by Landry , the drop by CC , hit in stride with green in front of him . He didn't play great but he had players hurt his game and not incidentally .

What a difference being to run the ball on 3rd down makes
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD
Talent finds a way, and Tripp was not even on the field..he will be
YPKY..damn..someone tell me that dude cannot make impact plays
I'd like to go back and see what happened with the OL inside. Adding Pouncey back in this scheme is huge but Satele coming out of nowhere is a big boost.
Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.
I think a person we are all overlooking is the GM Hickey. I wasn't high on him when he got the GM job, but he drafted what appears to be a very good draft class. He also signed what appear to be productive free agents in Moreno,the OL and in the secondary. The signing of McCain as a free agent out of college might end up being the steal of the year.
Overall, Hickey appears to to have done an outstanding job improving this roster.
"maynard wrote:
What a difference being to run the ball on 3rd down makes
On any down really.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
"maynard wrote:
What a difference being to run the ball on 3rd down makes
Last year we led the league passing on third and 1, I believe.

"padre31 wrote:
Talent finds a way, and Tripp was not even on the field..he will be
YPKY..damn..someone tell me that dude cannot make impact plays
Dolphins defense seemed to improve when all their linebackers were out.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Jaj wrote:
I'd like to go back and see what happened with the OL inside. Adding Pouncey back in this scheme is huge but Satele coming out of nowhere is a big boost.
Pouncey is physically gifted, problem is, he's Football IQ..suspect
Someone tell me we "missed" Pouncey today
I watched Satele manhandle Wilfork..did not see any front 7 blitzers come free, we were lined up and handled it
As a guard I think Pouncey is fine. It made a huge difference having Satele calling the plays at C. With Pouncey you would have a really active front OL that fits the scheme. These guys physically have the tools to be a Denver 98-02 like line in terms of the run game.
Satele has a way of doing that with Wilfork. You don't try to budge him, you run him out of the play with angles.
Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.
"padre31 wrote:
Pouncey is physically gifted, problem is, he's Football IQ..suspect
Someone tell me we "missed" Pouncey today
I watched Satele manhandle Wilfork..did not see any front 7 blitzers come free, we were lined up and handled it
0 which is NT in zone read is normally doubled with a guard. It was to be expected if the line executed that Wilfork would be neutralized.
banned
"padre31 wrote:
Pouncey is physically gifted, problem is, he's Football IQ..suspect
Someone tell me we "missed" Pouncey today
I watched Satele manhandle Wilfork..did not see any front 7 blitzers come free, we were lined up and handled it
If you didnt see any front 7 blitzers come free, then you missed some of the game. And lets pump the breaks on Satele until he faces someone that isn't 32 years old, 400 pounds, and coming off a really bad Achilles injury.
Wilson Performance on Facebook
Wilson Performance on Twitter
:hammertime::hammertime:
