1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question about todays game halftime clock

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by shula_guy, Nov 16, 2008.

1. I watched the game but had no volume. Just wondering what happened with the clock there was twenty seconds on the clock and it wound down to zero but they got them to put three seconds back onto the clock? It looked like there was alot of yelling. Did the refs miss us calling a T.O. or did we screw up? Could someone please explain to me exactly what the deal was with the clock, please.

2. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Apparently Hohculi (sp?) didn't see Penny calling the timeout till 3 seconds left, even though he apparently did it w/ nine seconds left. I guess Hohculi apologized after the game too.

Somehow he just missed it. Tough year for the guy!

FinsAreLife and shula_guy like this.
  3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    yeah, hochuli's bad year got even worse today IMO... he totally screwed that up at halftime... that and they missed mcfadden spiking the ball after a play once for sure, possibly twice. that PI call was questionable...

how he missed pennington calling that timeout though, i'll never know.

shouldnt that have been reviewable? probably not, but it woulda been nice, because it could have cost us 3 points

4. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Ed is the leader of the worst crew in football.

5. Thanks for the explination

6. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I believe that D Mac was already out of bounds when he spiked the ball.

We never saw a review on TV showing the clock and Penny calling TO, we saw the clock, but we never saw both.

The PI on Bell was a great call, he cut in front on the receiver which is against the rules.

7. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    he's having an awful year. I do feel for the guy but its seriously affecting games. Unacceptable.

8. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Didnt they call a really bad PI call on us.

9. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    Yes. And I saw Pennington calling the timeout. I looked to the clock after, and it said 7, so it was probably around 8 or 9 seconds when he actually called for it.

10. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Is spiking the ball a penalty anymore? I've seen it happen all year without flags.