1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions .... will we have answers ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan22, Sep 17, 2011.

1. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

This a column by Dave Hyde , no new revelations but once again the questions that were brought up before these decisions or no decisions are brought to the forefront.

Some interesting responses to read as well , pretty much says what a lot of us have been saying or asking .

The one good point and it is or could be the really good answer is Chad Henne of course.

The pattern continues and you have to wonder if this regime will always have more questions than answers and at this point shouldn't Miami have that reversed? I think so ... We'll see more after Sundays game , if we are status quo, then being 0 and 2 , 2 losses at home , a fan base becoming more and more critical ( rightly so ) and speaking with their money , we are probably looking at the final chapter of the Spireland story , imo.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spo...2011/09/hyde5_jeff_ireland_needs_these_1.html

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    We lose to the greatest QB/Coach combo of maybe all time, our QB comes out of his shell and throws for 400 yards....and yet overreaction rears its ugly head again and again.

This team will be just fine if they can block better.

PHINZ4LIFE likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hyde is barking up the wrong tree D22, what usually happens with Sparano is that which "we" think will be a problem is not, that which "we" think of not being a problem, becomes one.
    ]
    This is a perfect game for a ST mess up and Jacoby Jones can easily beat us.

4. dolfan22

That is a big if , and therefore a bigger question mark for Sparano and Ireland imo.

LOVE what Henne has shown , absolutely love it . In my mind , once again , more questions than answers and maybe the pattern changes and then you will be right as will Sparano and Ireland , and I hope that is the case. If I have to say I have confidence it happens , the answer is no.

You feel confident this regime can and will make a super bowl? Unfortunately I don't , and once again I absolutely hope I am wrong.

5. dolfan22

That somehow makes this regime the right one then? Not sure I follow that being a positive for them .

Again , I unquestionably hope they are right and I am wrong , at what point do they become accountable though?

6. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Those questions are all legit. The OL is terrible on the right side and mediocre in the middle right now.

And, why not put Jimmy Wilson in there more? Sure he'll get burned but if he gets a pick that can make a big differences.

Forget that they got beat by the Pats. When any QB throws for 517 yards against you, you have problems. 317? That would be expected. 417? That would be a clear problem. 517? The issues run deep.

The fact is, the more question-marks a team has, and there are a slew of them with Miami at many positions, the less likely it is they will be fine.

dolfan22 likes this.
  7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Don't read me wrong D22, I'm a Sparano dude, but if once again, there is a leak where there should not be a leak, his replacement clock is ticking away, you just can't have it, his Staff should know it, his players should know it, to be a good team, you also have to be a complete team.

Sparano has not shown an ability to have that over the last 2 seasons especially, if the Sparanophins were a boat, to often it lists towards one side or another, on any given weekend, and that mes amis, is a preparation problem and that falls on the Head Coach.

8. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    He pretty much nails the key questions. I think safety would be the other one. I also think it was pretty big of him to semi-own up on the Henne front. I had expected him to dig in and come out with a bunch of skepticism. He seems willing to sit back and be convinced. Good for him.

texanphinatic and dolfan22 like this.
  9. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    This is kinda like a "Twilight Zone" strange Q&A for the team after week #1 d22. Henne was far and away our biggest question. Bear with me on a couple of what if's but, if Welker does not go 99 yards (somewhat of a fluke), and Marshall does not drop the 1 yard TD pass (less of a fluke than we would all like), Henne played as well as MVP/HOF Brady. So, we have an answer with an attitude.

Our BIGGEST answer was our D, and everyone on D ABSOLUTELY SUCKED!!! So, we have a question which should NOT be there.

Confusing at best.

10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Im not disagreeing Sparano/Ireland arent the answers, I just think its way too early to have that conversation. I like our team alot more than I did before the loss if that makes any sense. We go like 3-5 to start the season then maybe I'll start calling for peoples heads.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    They have til game 5 to show a plane of progression that is relatively ascending in the pivitol 4th year of the rebuild..

12. dolfan22

Not to be confrontational , but a lot if not most would say year three was the pivotal year for a rebuild , I believe they have been given an extra year , so they will be graded sooner and more critically and rightly so , imo.

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I disagree, every case is different, I believe inheriting a team that almost went 0 and 16 needed 4 years to get young, athletic, and to have balance...Now we are into our 4th year so I don't need the whole season to know what we have, thats why I mentioned the 5 game of the 4th season as being my deadline to know what direction we need to go.

14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, sometimes questions don't have any clear answers until they show up on the field.

15. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I have stated many times on here that I think Ireland is in over his head as an NFL GM. I don't see this organization taking a giant step forward until Ireland is sent packing and Ross brings in a GM who actually knows how to build a winning organization.

16. dolfan22

Peter Principle for both Ireland and Sparano , imo , the answer yes or no should be definitively answered this year.

17. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    That would be a VG point IF you can show where Ireland made more bad choices than good ones, and offer a better choice. I have looked at our drafts and FA moves since he has come into power, and believe he has done a VG job.

Now, you can say you just don't like the guy, which you are entitled to do. However, if ya wanna take your shots at what he has done, you're going to have to back it up with something more than your thoughts that he is in over his head.

Did you forget that Irish came in with Tuna, who has had a bit of success in building teams? Guess that was forgotten or, doesn't matter.

Sorry to pick on you but, I have grown tired of reading posts attacking my team, with no fact, little if any info, and no alternative solution.

What does that accomplish, other than *****ing & Moaning for the sake of *****ing & Moaning?