1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question of the Day: Who will blow draft?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NaboCane, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ys-questionoftheday042208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The others are pretty funny too, unanimously counting Millen and Davis as consistent culprits.

MIKE likes this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Looking at it this year? I think the Raiders can do some dumb things. They already overpaid for DHall (overrated). Will they follow it up by taking the most overrated prospect in McFad? We will see.

The Bengals ... The whole Chad Johnson debacle is just insane and may cause them to blow their first on a guy like Devin Thomas or Malcom Kelly. What a joke, neither of those guys would match what CJ can bring to a game.

The Lions are always an interesting pick. Maybe a WR again?

Best teams? I think we will have a good draft. Atlanta and Baltimore can do some good as well i think.

azfinfanmang and alen1 like this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nice post, I agree with it.

I also believe the Raiders will screw up if they take DMAC. If they choose Ellis, than we will have to see the rest of the draft.

The Bengals are reportedly interested in Kelly like you said which is a joke. Kelly is a good player and a top talent but they have so many needs right now, they need to address defense big time.

The Lions could trade up with the Patriots to try and select Matt Ryan.

The best teams I think will be Dolphins and Falcons. Falcons have seven picks in the first 103 picks I believe, I think they will do fine with them.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah the Falcons are loaded, they can really help themselves. I tossed in the Ravens because they are usually very good at drafting, and with the right combo of players left, can be in a good position. Namely, a trade down with NO if Ellis is still there, would make tons of sense for both teams.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    IMO, if Ellis is still there, Ravens will select him but I see him gone at four to Oakland, again IMO. If there is any trade involving NO, I think it will be for the 2nd overall pick of the Rams.

Ellis Story:

Unless Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan is available when the Ravens go on the clock for the eighth overall pick in the NFL draft, general manager Ozzie Newsome and director of college scouting Eric DeCosta will be faced with an age-old dilemma. Do they choose for need or do they select the most talented player left on their draft board?In other words, is Southern California defensive tackle Sedrick Ellis too good to pass up? Though it seems unlikely, it shouldn't be a shock if the Ravens take Ellis

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens21apr21,0,348619.story

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Always bank on Arizona...like betting the pass line...:hi5:

7. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i think the raiders will be a huge **** up basing this on how i dont think al davis is what you would call sane these days

8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Interestingly enough our own Alen1 started a thread about the Jests trying to trade up to the second pick overall....Which could mean not Ryan as stated in his quote, which of course would be a blown pick of biblical proportions in itself, but for McFatten, who I also think is the bust of all busts....

Can you imagine the Jests trading away what would probably be their 2nd and a 4th or 5th for this kid?

alen1 likes this.
  9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm not sure to thank you or to do what with the comment referring to my post but :up: :confused2: haha.

In the end, I thanked you. Lol.

I agree that McDad is going to be a huge bust if relied on to be a full time back.If he is expected to be a complimentary back as an early draft choice, than that team has drafting issues imo. You dont select a complimentary back at the top of the draft. He could have an impact but again, too early for a "complimentary" back.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  10. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

The Jets are usually good for a screwball pick or three. They might draft another kicker in the second round....

11. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    The Jets could very well end up with Chris Long now, I would not like that at all.

Boik14, NaboCane and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  12. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    I'll go with the KC Chiefs...Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards with all those draft picks...something is bound to go horribly wrong.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Welcome to the boards :up:.

I think Chiefs will do good.

14. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Take it easy people.

If you asked teams who "blew the draft" last year a lot of teams would have said us. Looking back on our draft I think it was at least better than average.

Lets examine the draft after it happens, not before.

15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah true but you always would like to take a guess :wink2:.

16. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Jets will draft McFadden and he will be a bust.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  17. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

as long as the owner's name is Bidwell, that's a sure bet. :lol:

18. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Thanks!

As far as the Chiefs...well I'll just say a little payback for the Green fiasco wouldn't cause me to lose any sleep. :lol:

alen1 likes this.
  19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol:

20. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    And trade their first for a TE thats now a bag boy.:lol:

21. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Even though we're done at 1... I'm still excited as ever about the draft on Saturday... hate the late start though, might actually have to do some "work" Saturday morning... for the first time in forever, I can say I accomplished something on the weekend of the draft... lame!

But to go thru every team's pick ahead of us at 32, it's almost like we're the SuperBowl champions with that pick...

22. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    yeah i still cant wait for the draft
    there is still so many unanswered questions like will jason be traded? will the phins draft a qb?

also we still have what is in reality a 1st round pick at 32

23. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Cole became such a putz during his last days at the Sentinel, and he appears to still be one. What a stupid way to start off this category.

24. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    To quote Thulsa Doom; "...and this is what grieves me most! We handed them the best player in the draft...at worst, the second-best in Dorsey.

A rare occurrence in the last 40 years and purely in spite of themselves, the Jets may not have an opportunity to **** up their 1st-round selection this draft.

Long will make the Jets a much better team.

25. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Why? Have you seen the 1st-round picks by the Dolphins over the past...oh, I don't know...30 years?!

The occasional - and I do mean occasional - OJ McDuffie aside (Marino was a pure, providential fluke), 1st-rounders under Shula, Johnson, Wannstedt, Saban and Mueller-Cameron have been dismal on the whole.

Unless you think that the way to rebuild a horrible team was to select a small Returner who might be a great WR, over Patrick Willis and a kid who could be a franchise QB.

Hmmm...let's see...franchise WR or franchise LB/QB...

:wink2:

26. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Im thinking the Bengals are a huge fav. to screw up this draft like many others.....I remember laughing at all my buddies(Bungle fans) when they drafted Chris Perry when the offense was top 3 in the league and the defense as always near the bottom.

I thought Marvin Lewis was some sorta defensive guru??? This franchise is gonna waste Carson Palmer's career with bad personell decisions.

27. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    We are giving them their first shot at succession and now they are trying to screw it up by trading up to select McFadden. :lol::pity:

NaboCane likes this.
  28. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    I could see this in a Miami paper, but not in the national press. Starting off talking about Miami in this category when you don't even think they will blow this draft, to me, is taking a jab.

29. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

You cant blame those guys for not drafting Willis.....we were pretty stacked at LB and obviously nobody knew he was gonna be that good.

That "small returner" has the potential to be a great Wr...and that "franchise Qb" wont be seeing the field for a long time. :up:

30. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Just like they did when Warren Sapp was on the board and the jets took Kyle Brady they will pass on McFadden Long or Gholston (studs imo) for someone like Derrick Harvey. That would be typical Jets. :hi5:

NaboCane likes this.
  31. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    You think so?

See, I believe that the Jets will be on the board, possibly looking at both Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey...and choose Darren McFadden! :sidelol:

I really do! I believe they would look at that board and pick the RB...or worse still - Matt Ryan!

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

32. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    If they chose McFadden I'll be swearing in my seat. I know some people on the board dont like him; I absolutely love the kid. And hes smart enough to realize hes messed up to the point where hes taking his family (mainly his sister) to whatever city he plays in and having them manage his personal life so he can concentrate solely on football.

Frankly i find it tough to doubt his football acumen based on the "Hes got chicken legs" defense many people seem to be riding these days. yes, his greatest strength is his open field speed, but hes also good at finding creases and picking up yards where there are none. Part of his success is due to the fact he hits the hole hard and fast. I think fifteen years from now hes a HOFER in someones uniform and I damn well hope its not a Jet one.

I doubt they'll be looking at Dorsey, cant see him getting past Atlanta. They badly need an inside run presence and he fits well. I think Oakland will take Howies kid or if hes there Dorsey. They can then look to trade Burgess for a pick or player.

IMO the Jets will be looking at Ryan, McFadden, maybe Gholston if KC goes with a OL or some surprise pick, and will choose McFadden ultimately.

33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I noticed you said Oak could trade Burgess for a pick or player. Why would they trade Burgess? They have been looking for a person for him to team up with on the other side.

34. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Don't get me wrong Boik, I like McFadden, and I do believe he will be at least a good RB.

But no way, no how I take a Runner with the 3rd pick. Running Backs simply aren't important enough to the overall game to take that high, and you can get decent backs all the way down in the draft.

But ESPECIALLY when you've got talents like Dorsey and Long staring you in the face like I posited.

35. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    (from Cruch's Insider #12)
    :sidelol: My sides hurt.